get together and put some wii backups together

Status
Not open for further replies.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Thats called piracy mate. Its theft. Move along.

I've got loads of Wii, Xbox360 and PS3 games that I bought legitimately, I'll be f**ked if I'm going to pay full price for them so some cheap schmucks can have them for free.
Where do you think the money comes from that keeps developers, developing new games?, if enough people are stealing them instead of buying them, then at some point in the future there won't be new games for you to steal.

Stick to downloading old games for systems that are no longer on sale and actually paying for current gen games.

Last edited:

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Where do you think the money comes from that keeps developers, developing new games?
I dont support piracy and thinks its wrong also but really now. Just like audio CD its a new paradigm for a new age. Think about it, back in the day you got a NES, with ( you may want to sit for this )... 2, I didn't say one, I said 2, controllers. Yeah I know, imagine that. And a game, and sometimes a game with more then one on it. Game consoles to day have more then two players and the darn controllers are way over priced. These companies know what's going on , they are not stupid. There are enough people out there buying games and answering to advertisements that they can certainly stay afloat. Personally I think the games are way over priced and were when I was a kid. I remember saving up for Zelda 3, I had to hold off 3 months before I could get my new skate board because I had to have this game. At $4.25 an hour that is a lot of work for a kid in school.

Anyways, yes, angelsword not here dude...

Last edited:

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
I have a different view. It doesn't matter what they charge for games or peripherals, there's no justification for people pirating new software, its no different to shoplifting. I mean I would love a new Aston Martin, I can't afford one, but that doesn't make it OK for me to go and steal one.

The argument that 'they're charging too much for stuff so I think its OK for me to steal games because I'm on a low wage' is b*ll*cks quite frankly.

Last edited:

Shotsoon

I completely agree with FatTrucker. They put so many work in sh** that people enjoy, and what do they get? A bunch of pirating fools without a life. Go pirate some stuff that ain't for sale. And of course games are expensive, what would you charge for a game that took you 3 months to finish? I think the games are underpriced, actually. The game makers have the right to charge what they want for their hard work. Piracy may be effecting sales, but its worthless to have piracy without the tools to use it. And what are we doing? Helping people use the tools for pirated games ( ripping software, emulators ). Oh, I wont help you find the games, but I will help you play them if you find it.

Last edited by a moderator:

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
The argument that 'they're charging too much for stuff so I think its OK for me to steal games because I'm on a low wage' is b*ll*cks quite frankly.
Just to clear the air, if that is what you gathered I said, you read in to it. The prices , as I said , have always been high. Still IMO they are too high regardless of what people do now-a-days. As for piracy, get over it. If there was an Aston Martin on the street with keys in it, and no real legal obligation to prosecute me for giving it a test drive, you bet I would. Fact remains, "they" choose that media, "they" know of the issue of piracy, "they" can't do a damn thing about it. Its a dog eat dog world and there are very few people they "say" they are angles, and even fewer that really are.

Then there is the argument of "but I'm innocent I make rips from my own real collection I bought" , Sure, and my mom is vice of the Nintendo division in section 34332. Here say does not buy you innocents.

Last edited:

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Not really, I mean this isn't my site, but I wouldn't feature emulators that allow play of current gen games at all.

By all means rediscover old commercially redundant titles through emulation, the existence of emulators and the emulation community has had a massive impact on preserving and archiving old games and games paraphernalia, much of which would have been lost completely without it, but to develop emulators that allow people to rip off current gen software is wrong, its also the sort of thing that will lead to the industry looking at the emulation community and deciding its not really just harmless folk, preserving and playing old games and deciding to just shut it all down.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
An emulator to play game cube games exists.
You can come here to find out out it work and to get help ( we allow this ).
This is called enabling. We may not admit or advertise we are promoting this, but the fact remains its a place to learn how.

I'm not arguing its wrong or right, its the the fact it goes on and the companies know about it. Sites like this are only helping and you are part of it.
I'm not arguing my point of view either. I agree with you. It sucks that "we" have allowed this to happen. You just like me have used emulation for a very long time. You like me , have helped people learn how to do it. What one decides to do with his or her knowledge is up to them but they learned it here or there. It will go on, and there is not jack you can do to stop it. If you want to end piracy you need to take out the easy paths of enabling it, like CD/dvds, and network/usb interfaces.

Companies weigh this out. Give uses all these neat features or take it from them to try to end this piracy. Its simple, "we" ( the companies ). Stand to make more with the bells and whistles. So they let the %x of thieves take what they want. Same goes for other services, take the flea market for exmaple, they run a high risk of shop lifting but the fact their merchandise is in such high volume and looked over by so many they win. Sure they can invest in surveillance but why, its more expenses. Take the loss and move on.

The portion of people that get emulators just to play a games is so small ( most get so frustrated they give up ), most of us just like emulation, so its of no real concern anyways. The real issue is the people geting copies and game and using it on the consoles, and again I feel that is bad wrong. Again , what can be done? Just deal with it, its technically at work. Such as life.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.