ISO's Conversion, Burning as IMG, Magic Engine?

Tsuko

Most likely this has been asked before... and if so, send me to an explanation that has already been made. I've looked all over the net for solutions and they are given, but I am a newbie when it comes to emulators, converting, etc.

Story: I was looking all over for a Ranma 1/2 game only playable with a PC Engine and/or Turbo Grafx 16 Engines. After a whole day of searching for this rarer game, I have it now. The folder contains an ISO and a CUE file. That's all.

Obtaining Magic Engine, despite it's demo limit, I tried to mount the ISO and boot CD inside of ME. Now I'm finding out it's not so simple as that. (when is it?) And it was saying it wasn't a PCE format. Uhh.. ok. Soooo... convert it to PCE format? Oy!

Now, I've been here and there about different methods of conversion, but I am confused now. Some places say it should've come with mp3 files, too. When I tried to open the ISO, there is nothing inside of it... I understand it's a different sort of ISO. Then it's telling me I need all these different sort of programs to convert this stuff.

I need guidance, please. Pretend I am a complete moron or a 1 year old :confused:. In this case, I really am. I got IMGBurn and it doesn't support this ISO. What the hell am I supposed to convert it into? Cause I was being told to burn it as an IMG. Then I was looking around how to... ok my head is spinning and frustrated. Does anyone here have the time to just lay it all out? You never know, this could be the next guide for the next moron that comes along. ;)

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Sounds like a faulty ISO or game image rather than a format problem. The fact imgburn won't handle it at all kind of points to the disk image being incomplete or broken. Perhaps its part of a multi-part .rar file and you either haven't got all the parts or haven't extracted it correctly.

All my PCE CD games are in the ISO format and they all mount and run without issue using a Virtual CD drive with Magic Engine. Missing MP3 files shouldn't prevent a game from booting, but the music might be missing, you usually have to create a cue file for the MP3's to work with the ISO.

Either way the problem is definitely that the copy of the game you're trying to run is broken.

Last edited:

Tsuko

Thank you for the courtesy of responding. I was losing hope there. I like this site. I thoroughly explored this theory, promise you that. Days later now, see. No, it seems to be more than that. No matter what RAR, ZIP etc I get, the ISOs are corrupt or unable to be read or loaded! Then all these sites must share similar files, cause I can't find this game ANYWHERE where it is not "corrupt" or "PCE" accordingly. Not even the Furinkan site that is dedicated to this series.. Aw, and I truly liked the Ranma series... some are born too late. Thanks anyways. Please keep coming with something if you have any idea. I'll keep looking too. There HAS to be something and someway!!!