Getting A New PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Codeine

W0000t!!!!!!

Hah, I JUST learned today that I have some bonds set away, and that theres around $5000 now in there now.

Im permitted to take out 1/5th of it and get a new comp for my room.

And to think I was going to chug some Anti-Freeze tonite.

ScotchGuy

Board Addict
You can get an excellent PC with around $800, as long as you build it yourself and order it off of newegg.

I helped my friend put together his, and I he got an AMD Athlon XP 2700 Processor, 512 MB DDR PC 2700 Corsair Memory, 120 GB Maxtor Hard Drive, an insanely sweet case with 350 Watts and 6 fans, Albatron Motherboard 6 PCI, 1 AGP 2x/4x/8x, 3 GB DDR Memory limit, DVD-Rom 16x, and a 52X24X52 CD-RW drive. All for around $800.

onewecallgod

i got an albatron (kx400-8x), i dont like it very much since it's overclocking is kinda weak. get something with an nForce 2 chipset and get like a 2500+. great OC'ing combo right there

Codeine

Originally posted by ScotchGuy@Oct 5 2003, 04:04 AM
You can get an excellent PC with around $800, as long as you build it yourself and order it off of newegg.

I helped my friend put together his, and I he got an AMD Athlon XP 2700 Processor, 512 MB DDR PC 2700 Corsair Memory, 120 GB Maxtor Hard Drive, an insanely sweet case with 350 Watts and 6 fans, Albatron Motherboard 6 PCI, 1 AGP 2x/4x/8x, 3 GB DDR Memory limit, DVD-Rom 16x, and a 52X24X52 CD-RW drive. All for around $800.
That sound sincredibly nice. Ill definetley check that out.

Unless its American, which Im assuming :(

Do they ship to Canada?

ScotchGuy

Board Addict
Originally posted by onewecallgod@Oct 4 2003, 08:09 PM
i got an albatron (kx400-8x), i dont like it very much since it's overclocking is kinda weak. get something with an nForce 2 chipset and get like a 2500+. great OC'ing combo right there
I've got the same motherboard as you, I like it. A nice step up from a manufactured computer with an ECS with 3 PCI and no AGP slot.

You can get an Albatron with the nForce 2 chipset in which you speak for $76 with free shipping on newegg. It's the one my friend got.

Here

Ignore the rating, it's been messed up for a while now.

As for shipping to Canada, no, they only ship to the US and Puerto Rico. Sorry.

onewecallgod

Originally posted by ScotchGuy+Oct 4 2003, 11:35 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ScotchGuy @ Oct 4 2003, 11:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-onewecallgod@Oct 4 2003, 08:09 PM
I've got the same motherboard as you, I like it. A nice step up from a manufactured computer with an ECS with 3 PCI and no AGP slot.

You can get an Albatron with the nForce 2 chipset in which you speak for $76 with free shipping on newegg. It's the one my friend got.

Here

Ignore the rating, it's been messed up for a while now.

As for shipping to Canada, no, they only ship to the US and Puerto Rico. Sorry. [/b][/quote]
i shoulda gotten something with an nForce2 chipset. kinda annoyed me that i killed my old video card cuz it was running at 35mhz. its a good board if your not going to overclock. nice and stable, layout is good, but my board came defective :(. the onboard audio would only run on mono, but everything else works fine. i got about 2.5 more years to RMA(i love long warrenties; makes me feel lazy). i heard the best boards with nForce2's to overclock with are the epox's or the abits

is the chip your friend got a barton? i got my system tricked into thinking my 2400+ tbred is a 2700+

sonicmario64

Extreme Kid Gamer
bet from dell cuz they got the best computers and the best one there is DELL XPSand its great and yes they do ship to canada

Status
Not open for further replies.