New Sound Card

ScotchGuy

Board Addict
I ordered a new sound card off of newegg on Sunday, and it's set to arrive on Thursday. Talk about service, especially since shipping was free.

I think I might get some new speakers to boot, the Creative Labs Inspire 6600 6.1 Speaker System looks pretty nice. At the low low price of $90, also with free shipping.

I love you newegg.

ScotchGuy

Board Addict
5.1 is for 5 speaker surround sound. 6.1 is for 6 speaker surround sound. Most sound cards don't support 6.1 (including mine) but I figure it's not a big deal to lose the use of one speaker since I can use it on another computer. The 5.1 system by Creative costs just as much so I thought I might as well get the extra speaker.

hitmonlee

Originally posted by ScotchGuy@Oct 1 2003, 02:34 PM
I ordered a new sound card off of newegg on Sunday, and it's set to arrive on Thursday. Talk about service, especially since shipping was free.
is that fast?

i know people who get records shipped internationally and they get them quicker than that.

ScotchGuy

Board Addict
I'd say it is for free. If I'd ordered it before 12 Noon and spent 3 more dollars I would have gotten it the next day, or the day after. Too bad I hadn't ordered before noon, I definitely would have done it.

donkeyknob

ive never understood what the .1 represents, you know? and $3 overnight shipping is a bargain!

ScotchGuy

Board Addict
I think the .1 represents channel, I'm not too sure though.

donkeyknob

wouldnt it be sub-woofer? you've got one center, 2 front and 2 rear = 5 speakers, but the sub aint counted. it must suck to be a sub