Need help running Xe

McKnight

Okay, so I've gotten Xe onto my main computer, I supposedly have all the files it needs, and now when I try to run it, I'm getting a message saying "Xe.exe has stopped working". Can anyone give me any ideas on what to do about that? Thanks in advance.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Might be a silly question but why are you using Xe?.

Also without full system specifications, and OS info, no-one could even get started on giving you an answer.

McKnight

Right now, I'm mainly trying to figure out how to run PC-FX games on an emulator. I do also have Mednafen, but am somehow unable to get it to run at all. (No error message, even. Double-clicking that does absolutely nothing, but if there's a way to correct that, I'll listen to anyone who knows how.)

Also, in case Nintendo 64 emulation ever gets finished for it (that is, if the person who worked on it ever picks up on it again), this seems to be the only emulator that will display the facial features in Getter Love!! It *is* a big if, but in case it happens and a translation patch comes out for that game on ROMhacking.net.

As for system specifications, I have Windows Vista, and I downloaded the folder containing all the files it needs. Someone on the Rh.net forum helped me find said folder. OS info, though? Mind specifying what you mean by that? Do you mean "Operating System?"

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Basically any support request should be accompanied by specifying your CPU, GPU, RAM, and operating system and as much as possible what you've already tried, downloaded or installed to try to get the emulator working it saves massive amounts of time with people going over stuff you might have already tried.

For programs that fail to start completely its often a hardware or OS issue, without any information about what environment a program is trying to run on, its virtually impossible to diagnose what the problem might be.

Have you tried MagicEngine - FX?

Last edited:

McKnight

I'll try to determine everything you need to know later. I do already know that I am using Windows Vista. I've already tried downloading all the files that Xe requires, and placed it in the same folder with all of them, and this is where it says that it has stopped working. Here's where I got them from:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/gtk...k2-runtime-2.22.0-2010-10-21-ash.exe/download

I have used Magic Engine FX before, it worked, but I'd rather not use it, mainly because the sound fucks up whenever someone talks. (Also because of the timer, which freezes your game when it runs out, even though you can get around that with savestates.)