Game Problem: Broken ROMS

CullenVampire

Ok, so I mentioned something I had some trouble with briefly in my thread asking for VBA gameshark instructions.

I would like to know if anyone has any idea what could have happened here as it has me stumped.

An estimate of two or three years ago I had downloaded on my now four year old HP lappy, a few Pokemon hack ROMs which required patching to existing ROMs before I could use them. I did so using LunarIPS, and they worked fine. An example of one was Pokemon Shiny Gold.

Then suddenly, after a short time I can mysteriously no longer open any of the save files for said hacked ROMs nor the games themselves. They were claimed "unsupported file types". I never tampered with any of them, in fact I had had a brief absence from playing them before the sudden failed attempt.

Then I bought a new lappy last March, an Acer(now a year old), and I decide to try to make new patches of the ROMs using the compressed downloads. Now on my new lappy I experience a new problem, I am unable to patch. It says "Patch was successful" but then no new patched file appears anywhere.

I don't understand what had happened to the files in the first place on my old lappy, any ideas? As well as any for why I am unable to patch anymore?

BTW I still have everything, broken saved files and all. I kind of stupidly hope I can make them work again.

Lukong

Will I think VBA 23.4 ReRecorded has Auto Patching and could do it for you. I got Pokemon Shiny Gold v4