New Content Request: Why don't you add Android and iPhone to the emulators for mobiles section?

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, that section is badly out of date (yeah, it was my idea before iPhone and AndroidOS was out!). Sadly since neither Apple nor Google are too willing to allow emulators at the official stores it would be tricky to index them considering you need to install them using other means.

As soon as I find a good way to cover that then consider it done :)

Lukong

...You probably know that Jailbreaking isn't illegal and Apple doesn't like it because of some of the things Cydia offers, even though it warns you.

Just like how we can not share Rom sites, we shouldn't share Cracked Ipa sites nor should we share the method of getting those things, but I'm pretty sure you can share your emulators.

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
According to a president set by a trial (not law), at least in the US jailbreaking is not illegal. If we do offer links to iPhone emulators for example then alot of people unable to install cydia or not know how to do it.

Also small note, afew days ago Google took out a playstation emulator off the android store mostly because it allowed unauthorised use of material. It's really a gray area that they don't want to step in to.

Probably a link directory for those emulators would be possible. Anyone know if cydia has a web based interface?

Edit: never mind, got one http://modmyi.com/cydia/search.php?search=emulator&repo=all&where=Both