Game Cube Em Space

Status
Not open for further replies.

clules

Hi Guys, it's been a while but I'm back with a question. How much space would a Game Cube Emulator take?

I want to play the LOZ games for GC but I'm afraid I'm terribly illiterate with this machine and I can't download or program an em and game. So if I could I would need lots of guidance. Unless someone has the game LOZMM in their email with an em. :D

I know, I have a few games from LOZ (for VisualBoy, VisualBoy Advance and ZSNESW151) but someone always emailed them and the ems already programed.

I have available on my girl here: Recovery (D:) 4.52 GB free of 10.6 & Local Disk (C:) 164 GB free of 222 GB. and I am currently using a dial up modem. I know... :(

Thanks Guys...

clules

I'm not sure what you're asking. As for me, If someone would converse with me either in email or PM and send me instructions on how to download and program an em for NES and/or Game Cube I'd appreciate the help.

You see, with me there's always something that goes wrong when I try and download something and I have to find someone to help me. So, if I could get instructions (leaving nothing out, not even the smallest possiblity) I think I could follow that. Or if someone loads it on their system and emails it to me, that would really be gr8.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Clules, a few things.

1), stop abbreviating. For god sake, take the time to type things out. It took me till the end of your question to realize "em" was emulator ( emu is the abbreviation btw ). Your not helping your self by doing that.

2), SPACE? Dude, an emulator only need a few meg? Are you talking about space for roms? That is a bit of a hard thing to answer. I have 3 TB's of data, but to play a game you only need 32k to 4 gig depending on the game. So what are you concerned about?

3) setting up an emulator does not take a "computer" person to do. You just have to read the docs and do as your instructed. There really are no tutorials when it comes to this stuff as its , well , simple? If you need help with a specific emulator, then just ask and tell us where you are stuck.

Last edited:

clules

ulaoulao, a few things back at ya:

1), stop abbreviating. For gosh sake, take the time to type things out. I still don't know what TBs are. And, I suppose docs are documents; meg means megabytes; k means kilobytes; and gig means gigabytes. So why are you trying to impugn me? In my circles people use EM for emulator I've never seen it as EMU. It doesn't matter I just want the assistance.

Never assume that what is easy for one is equally easy for all. While 90% of the world may have a comp in their home, I can assure you not all 90% of the users know what the hell to do if even the simplest thing happens to their maachine. We come to sites like this one for specific needs, and hope that we get the help we're asking for. Hopefully from someone who loves helpig others rather than someone who thinks being flippant is their right owing to education of the computer. That's not my case. nor do I have the funds to keep replacing one if I do damage that can't be undone. So I opt to "ASK" for help. Now if you're willing to help, I'll gladly acept it, but if you're not, please don't block me.

I gave the space on my comp and asked if it could support the Game Cube em or rom or whatever they are called and the Zelda game Majora's Mask. I don't know what else you might need to know to give me a cogent answer.

Btw, I am not a dude.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Never assume that what is easy for one is equally easy for all
This was my point, so stop doing it. I'm not asking for help so I expect you to look it up. I'm not going to hold your hand. Common abbreviations are perfectly normal, its the ones you make up like;
LOZ ( figure this was legend of Zelda )
LOZMM ( and this majora's mask )
em. ( and now with is confirmed to be emulator )
I have available on my girl What does your girl have to do with anything?

I still don't know what TBs are.
MB or meg, GB and TB are sizes. Look it up, it wont hurt you. TB is the largest. You also did not use EM ( that could have been intuitive ), instead you used em and was confusing. Or L.O.Z would have made more sense. If you expect someone to help you, you would want to make things clear. By the time I figured out what em was I was at the end of the post ( you really think many people would want to re-read it? ) Just try to be more clear about what you are asking. Maybe it will get you a reply shorter then two weeks.

I'm sorry that you thinking I'm not helping, you could only be further from wrong. I must admit I figured you knew more then what you are asking. It sounds to me like you dont know much about computers at all. I apologize for assuming you has some basic knowledge.

I gave the space on my comp and asked if it could support the Game Cube em or rom or whatever they are called and the Zelda game Majora's Mask. I don't know what else you might need to know to give me a cogent answer.

Well that is the thing, the question makes no sense. Of course you could support an emulator? They dont need much space at all. If you dont have the space to install an emulator than your system will hardly run at all. I'm sure you dont mean to ask such nonsense?

My guess is that you mean space for roms, or computer specification to play the game...
Ok he we go...
D 4.52 GB free of 10.6 & Local Disk You wont be able to do much with 4 gb
C 164 GB free of 222 GB. You could house the entire GC rom collection with that.
and I am currently using a dial up modem. I know... Not sure why you even mentioned this? A GC emulator does not use the internet for anything? Unless you are thinking of net gaming, than yes a 56k model would not help.

Non of that has a thing to do with dolphin or any other GC emulator. The emulator only need a few meg(10th of a gig ). Now what about the important stuff? Do you have a dual core CPU. Do you know the speed? What type of video card. This info will tell me if you can run the emulator.

Last edited:

clules

ulaoulao thanks to SMS like flckr and twitter we live in a short speak world. Some of us make the short speak shorter than others.

If you're done trying to redress me I will post a link to my comp specs. Oops another sms... You'll get much more info from that.

http://bit.ly/iaEUAT

You say I won't be able to do much with 4.52 GB so, if that's the case there's no use in trying for a GC em or rom. Maybe one for the NES uses less.

Btw, 'my girl' is my computer; she's has everything to do with it.

At any rate thanks for the time.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Short answer to the info found here

This system should be able to run many games that are playable with dolphin. Use your C or D drive to install dolphin. Put your roms on C.

I'm unable to extract any further questions from the above. Your clearly have failed to ask a straight forward question and to take my advice. Instead you continue to argue to what seems to be for enjoyment. If you need further help kindly open a new topic and try to keep it short and concise.

Status
Not open for further replies.