Emulator Problem: BUG playing Pokemon B/W on DESMUME 0.9.6

hardtrancer

Hello

I'm trying running Pokemon B/W on DESMUME 0.9.6

the game works but sometimes it crashes, after some seconds of severe slow-down.

someone can help me ?

____
my PC :

Win Xp pro 2002 sp3
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual
Core Processor 6000+
3.00Ghz
2.00 GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
DesmuMe 0.9.7 is the newest version, you might wanna try that and see if it works any better. Also, have you tried different rom versions? Lately there have been a lot of rom dumps released for B/W, and most of them need to be patched for them to work correctly.

hardtrancer

the game actually works, only problem is that suddenly it slows down and there's the risk that it crashes.

i read into the DOS commands window several strings like this :

"COMMAND9: Unverified Backup Memory" - maybe this can help solving the bug?
thx;)

Last edited:

Lukong

The DeSmuMe Emulator, so save and do the steps to Stop Freezing & Blackouts :

Config > Emulation Setting > Check “Use 8MB debugger mode when starting execution” and Click “Ok”

To make DeSmuMe faster :

Config > 3D Settings > “SoftRasterizer”, Check “…Edge Making”, “…Fog” and uncheck “Unrealistically…” > Okay

Config > Sound Settings > Synchronization Mode choose “Synchronous…” and choose “N” or “Z” or “P” > Interpolation “None” or “Linear”

Config > Frame Skip > Uncheck “Limit Framerate” > (For faster speed) > Auto Skip or Fixed Skip > Adjust to “1″ to “3″ or higher [Note: Lower is smooth and Higher is Choppy]

Speed shouldn't much of a problem because its either you play the game or not. Trust me when your running slow, you would have to be satisfied with what you got.