I want to emulate all consoles

Matsujin

I saw a game Dead or alive 3... And I thought that I want to play it.. The game is for Xbox. Then I thought that I have to buy XBox and Television.. Then again I thought that I want to have other consoles as well...
I remembered that I have played snes games with my computer about 5 years ago. Now I want to play all kinds of console games with my computer, because emulation has gone so far in progress...
So would you be so kind to tell me, what kind of hardware I need to play PS2 and Xbox games... I need to know what kind of pc I need.

And I've read other threads and I know that emulating Xbox and Ps2 is hard thing to do?

All tips are welcome! Thank you!

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
Playstation 2 and Xbox emulators are not advanced enough to run a normal game yet. Please be patient.

In the meantime there are hundreds of emulated systems for you to try.

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
Consoles are only one part of the emulation world. If we count in Arcade hardware and "Computer" systems like Amiga, Amstrad etc then we get alot.

Ryshuyukin

You'll need fairly fast computer with decent memory size. Not to mention, if your GFX card can handle all the graphics. I currently have an old computer ( about 4 years ) with 850MHz Intel Pentium 3 and 128SDRAM Memory. I am considering buying a new PC with good specs.

I.E.: 3.0 GHz Intel Pentium 4 with HT, 1Ghz memory, and a 128MB ATi Radeon 9000 gfx card.

I didn't mean to sway away from the topic, sry. But in all, you will need a good computer to run XBOX/PS2/Gamecube games.

onewecallgod

Originally posted by Ryshuyukin@Dec 1 2004, 04:25 PM
You'll need fairly fast computer with decent memory size. Not to mention, if your GFX card can handle all the graphics. I currently have an old computer ( about 4 years ) with 850MHz Intel Pentium 3 and 128SDRAM Memory. I am considering buying a new PC with good specs.

I.E.: 3.0 GHz Intel Pentium 4 with HT, 1Ghz memory, and a 128MB ATi Radeon 9000 gfx card.

I didn't mean to sway away from the topic, sry. But in all, you will need a good computer to run XBOX/PS2/Gamecube games.
sorry, but that computer is pretty bad especially considering the old school ati 9000. the hardware isnt the problem, its just that the emulators themselves arent powerful enough. ive got a comp quite a bit more powerful than that and you dont see me playing xbox, ps2 or GC games.....

Ryshuyukin

What I dont get is, why dont ppl just go out and buy these consoles? Saves some hassle in waiting for emulators to be completed.

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by Ryshuyukin@Dec 3 2004, 02:36 PM
What I dont get is, why dont ppl just go out and buy these consoles? Saves some hassle in waiting for emulators to be completed.
I hope you realized what you just said.

Some people buy old systems because they are collectors.

Ryshuyukin

Originally posted by Lefteris_D+Dec 3 2004, 05:55 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lefteris_D @ Dec 3 2004, 05:55 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Ryshuyukin@Dec 3 2004, 02:36 PM
I hope you realized what you just said.

Some people buy old systems because they are collectors. [/b][/quote]
I never said anything about class systems. Did u misread my post?

In a way, u can call me a Nintendo collector. I got every nintendo system up to Gamecube. I'm getting the DS soon.