C.D images in a bundle?

Underdog1045

I have downloaded Final Fantasy 8 and it came to me as a bundle of files. I have .img, .sub, .ccd, and .cue files in a winrar archive. Is there something you are supposed to do with all of these or should you just be able to run the game from the image file?

Yes, just run the game from the image file. The other two types of files are for burning, and you don't even really need those at all as long as you have the correct software.

Jale

iNcReDibLe fRoGG Posted on Nov 28 2004, 02:28 PM

Yes, just run the game from the image file. The other two types of files are for burning, and you don't even really need those at all as long as you have the correct software.

Underdog1045 Posted on Nov 28 2004, 02:25 PM

I have downloaded Final Fantasy 8 and it came to me as a bundle of files. I have .img, .sub, .ccd, and .cue files in a winrar archive. Is there something you are supposed to do with all of these or should you just be able to run the game from the image file?

The emulator won't accept any of these formats, unless you convert them to ISO or NRG (Nero Image File) with any CD recording software, then use Daemon Tools to mount the image.

If any of those formats run on Daemon Tools, bypass this post (I tell you this because I believe that the IMG file will run, I'm not sure, I don't play with IMG files...)

Is that Final Fantasy 8 for the PSX or PC? Remember that there are two versions of the game.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMG - Roxio Image File (I guess).
SUB - (I don't know what the hell is this).
CCD - CloneCD Image File.
CUE - Binary file to be used in almost every CD recording software (It requires at least one of the previous files).

onewecallgod

those are all files related to images in one way or another. just unrar the files, open up daemon and mount whatever you can

Zach

.SUB is sub-channel data

Some games won't work properly when burned to disc without it

Its associated with CloneCD I believe

Anubis_Chaos

Originally posted by Underdog1045@Nov 28 2004, 06:25 PM
yes use the .img one delete the other ones and run file iso then click .img if your useing emulator epsxe scan the files in case if it has virus etc you can delete it if you want up to u but i use .img file works fine