Emulator Problem: espxe crashes when i run crash team racing

freeyoursoul

hello everyone.please forgive me if I've posted this thread in the wrong place, I'm totally new here. so. i've downloade epsxe on my pc some days ago. (epsxe 1.7.0.) so i configured it and downloaded everything required. i also downloaded crash bandicoot series to play. when i started playing it it was fine, but recently it started crashing at random points. music crashes and the image too. i use the task manager to shut it down.
i must also mention that i always run the .bin file, not the .cue one. does this make any difference?
my operating system is windows 7, my cpu is intelcore i5 2.40 gHz, and my graphics card is nvidia geforce.thank you in advance

Last edited:

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
i always run the .bin file, not the .cue one. does this make any difference?
All the cue really does, is tell the bin where the audio starts. So if the games starts ok, then your fine. Your hardware is also fine. I'm not sure if its related to win7 or not, but you could try xp compatibility mode.

Also, I know that win7 is dx10 only. I heard you can install dx9 on it so that dx9 games run better. Take note this is hear say on my part, I dont have much experience with win7. Though, to me that sounds like the issue.

freeyoursoul

All the cue really does, is tell the bin where the audio starts. So if the games starts ok, then your fine. Your hardware is also fine. I'm not sure if its related to win7 or not, but you could try xp compatibility mode.

Also, I know that win7 is dx10 only. I heard you can install dx9 on it so that dx9 games run better. Take note this is hear say on my part, I dont have much experience with win7. Though, to me that sounds like the issue.

my dear friend,thank you for your reply. i changed the setting you mention (the compatibility thing).
thing is, my OS is windows 7 and direct x 11 is preinstalled. There is no way for me to uninstall it manually, as it seems,since it does not appear in the istalled programs. I don't know what to do. I tried installing directx 9 but there's an "internal system error" which I assume is the fact that directx 11 is pre-installed.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
No no, you dont uninstall 11, you install 9. vista supported this from what I here. It was smart enough to know you are dong this for compatibility. I'd still seek help from someone that has done it. So the capat thing didnt work huh?

freeyoursoul

No no, you dont uninstall 11, you install 9. vista supported this from what I here. It was smart enough to know you are dong this for compatibility. I'd still seek help from someone that has done it. So the capat thing didnt work huh?

well I opened the setup program for 9, but it says that there's a newer or equivalent version of direct x in my pc so there's no need for installation..anyway...no,the compatibility thing didn't work, unfortunately :( I'm going to try running CTR again, if it freezes again, I give up, or else I will wait for someone else,who's got the same issue,to reply...thank you for your help :)

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Try running it using the PSX emulator. While ePSXe has all sorts of interesting plug-ins, PSX is a far more pure and accurate emulator for Playstation titles and will arguably provide less compatibility issues.

freeyoursoul

Try running it using the PSX emulator. While ePSXe has all sorts of interesting plug-ins, PSX is a far more pure and accurate emulator for Playstation titles and will arguably provide less compatibility issues.

hello my friend,thank you a lot, i tried psx and the game works fine so far. :happy:

Master_OrHan

This game runs perfect in Windows 7 64-bit for me on ePSXe. Haven't had any problems running any PSX games on ePSXe on my rig yet. If you can't get a game to run on one emulator, try another, that is the golden rule of emulation.

Windows 7 runs DX9 but you have to go to the MS website and update it, it being DX9.

M.afaqanjum228

you install 9. vista supported this from what I here. It was smart enough to know you are dong this for compatibility. I'd still seek help from someone that has done it.

M.afaqanjum228

I'm totally new here. so. i've downloade epsxe on my pc some days ago. (epsxe 1.7.0.) so i configured it and downloaded everything required. i also downloaded crash bandicoot series to play. when i started playing it it was fine, but recently it started crashing at random points. music crashes and the image too. i use the task manager to shut it down.Windows 7 runs DX9 but you have to go to the MS website and update it, it being DX9.

M.afaqanjum228

I know that win7 is dx10 only. I heard you can install dx9 on it so that dx9 games run better. Take note this is hear say on my part, I dont have much experience with win7. Though, to me that sounds like the issue. my friend,thank you a lot, i tried psx and the game works fine so far.

Lukong