Final Fantasy Origins by drq

kweejk

Hi there,

I have downloaded Final Fantasy Origins (alochol 120%) by drq from the suprnova site. I have read the readme file which said:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

· ·
· Final Fantasy [OneDisc] PSX.PAL dRQ.RAR ·
· 53 396 713 Bytes ·
· * Final Fantasy [Disc.One] PSX.PAL dRQ.MDF ·
· 613 620 576 Bytes ·
· * Final Fantasy [Disc.One] PSX.PAL dRQ.MDS ·
· 486 Bytes ·
· ·
···············································································
· ·
· Notes ·
· Unpack using WinRAR ·
· Burn it on a CD using Alcohol 120%

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have unpacked it, then burnt on a CD using alcohol 120%. However, when I tried burning 'image to cd' alcohol said that the .mdf file format is unknown. So I burnt it anyway. Then it said that I should choose the sector dividing because it is an unknown format. I picked the defaults and then chose 'Play Station' as CD type. I burnt it, ran the iso on epsxe, nothing. A black screen. This however, has happened to me before when I tried running my FFVII (the real PSX cd) as an iso. It became black screen. When I then used clone cd to copy my FFVII PSX cd and ran the image, it worked. I have read somewhere that this has to do with some copy protection sector. But, with FF origins this doesn't work. Did the same. I mounted the imgs, I mounted it all. Nothing runs. All give black screen. I don't know what to do to get the FF origins running.

I'm desperate ...
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Many greetings,

Kweejk a.ka. Keitarô

(1) Burn again, but don't choose PlayStation as a default. Select whatever is first listed (sorry, don't have Alchohol 120% installed right now so I can't check what that is).
(2) Extract the files from the .mdf file using ISOBuster and burn these manually to a CD.
I've only tried this once and it worked.
(3) Redownload a good copy? :unsure:

onewecallgod

no point in burning it if you just want to play it on epsxe. just mount the image using alcohol

montpics

Agree with onewecallgod unless you really want to burn it into a CD. B)

kweejk

Hey guys,

thanks for the help. But, it didn't work. Stupid corrupt sector as always when I download things -_-. The thing won't run. Not mounted, not as an iso, nothing. When I try extracting the files in the .mdf, I get an error that some sector is corrupt and can not be read. I can't open the files with cdmage either, because it's not an iso, if I change the extension, still nothing. Just because of one lousy sector I can't run the game. When I extract the .mdf files with winiso (changed to .iso) the iso suddenly becomes 94 MB instead of 585, like the .mdf. Confused*

Any help is surely greatly appreciated.

Many greetings,

Valter a.k.a. Keitarô.

montpics

Looks like you had to redownload it again since that file was already corrupted while downloading...... Cannot help you with that. B)