X-arcade problem.

J

jackmaca

Hi guys, new to all this mame stuff but lovin it so far. Anyway to my problem. Im planning to build my own mame cabinet, so far I have the pc setup running GameX fe.on a 29" sony trinitron crt tv. So I bought an x-arcade dual joystick off ebay to get me started, unfortunatly it did not come with the pc adapter. All I got was a serial to serial cable. Have tried various adapters with no luck. Cant seem to be able to buy the serial to pc adapter by itself, so is there another way to connect it? I dont want to shell out another 30 quid for the usb conversion kit if I can help it.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Ok few things...

1) A serial ports is a PC connector?
Cant seem to be able to buy the serial to pc adapter by itself
- Guessing you mean usb?
2) If you did find a serial to usb you would not able able to make it work since you dont have drivers.
3) Is it serial ( 9 pin) , serial (15 pin), or parallel, I bet it has 15 pins and if my guess is correct it would work with SNESKey ( google it ) but you need a parallel port.

My guess is every button and direction is mapped to a pin. If you wanted it to work on usb you would have to make the usb device or buy one. I make them and sell for $35 so PM if you like. Although I dont know what pins are what. So you may want to try it on your own.
http://www.raphnet.net/electronique/usb_game12/index_en.php

If you dont have the skills to burn the chip I can sell you that also. Its only $15 or so but you would need to make the board layout.

Last edited:

Yasmin

the great post,but i dont question. sorry.

Lukong

Yo what's up.