Need help with FF7 in emulation.

FlavaSaya

I have come across a problem in FF7 when i run it in epsxe. The game runs fine but on the second cd when tifa and cloud have fallen into the lifestream, When tifa is in clouds mind right after you come out of the nibelheim and are supposed to goto the center of the platform the scene freezes when i enter onto it. I can't move tifa but i can still hear music that's not looping....I have tryed altering my video configurations. Different settings on Direct X and OpenGL but nothing seems to work. So i thought i would come on here and ask what might be wrong...I suppose it could be the Cd itself however its in fine condition, no scratches or any visable marks to be had....I appreciate any help you may offer me in this matter :D

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
Nice Avatar Lefteris,FF7 is playable at my old computer 500MHZ with Cvgs.
I don't know about ePSXe though.

FlavaSaya

Oh right sorry..

Computer Specs:
Processor: Intel Celeron Processor 1.3ghz
Mainboard: I dunno.
Memory: 192MB DDR333
Video Card: Geforce 2 MX 100/200 32MB
Hard Disk: Maxtor 40Gb 7200rpm
CDRW: LiteOn 32x/10x/40x
Sound: SoundMAX Digital Audio
Monitor: 19 Compaq 5500
Speakers: Platinum JBL Series
Keyboard: Compaq Box In
Mouse: Logitech Optical Mouse
Printer: Cannon 2000

I hope this helps ;)

montpics

GeForce 2 MX...... Pretty old. B)

Use P.E.O.P.S GPU plugins to solve it. I believe using Pete's OGL plugins, it will hanged on certain places. ;)

FlavaSaya

Thanks for the reply :) I'll be sure to check those plugins out :p

Yea my computer isn't the best in the world, but it can still play some of the newer games just fine...although with World of Warcraft and Half life 2 being released i have a feeling i'm going to need to upgrade soon :p

montpics

Originally posted by FlavaSaya@Nov 29 2004, 09:06 PM
Thanks for the reply :) I'll be sure to check those plugins out :p

Yea my computer isn't the best in the world, but it can still play some of the newer games just fine...although with World of Warcraft and Half life 2 being released i have a feeling i'm going to need to upgrade soon :p
I think that you should if you want to play the latest PC games. B)

FlavaSaya

Yea im going to have to upgrade :(

Btw i tried that plugin you suggested and it didn't work. It still freezes at the same point :(

montpics

Hmmm, then I have no idea what's the main problem since I had reach at the end of Disc 2 but no problems at all. :huh:
Try adjusting some options on GPU plugins and test it to see if that still works at certain place you mentioned.

Normally I switched back and forth between CVGS and ePSXe when I found a certain place that freezed...... especially Xenogears. B)

sickfool

N64: best console ever
hey u dont need to upgrade ur vid card too high, because im using ati radeon 9200 128mb and i can run halflife2 and world of warcraft just fine

TiredBoy

Does an error message appear?

To be frank, I haven't played with ePSXe for a while, so I don't recall if there's a status screen.

DrAkeNgaRd_KneLL

FlavaSaya said:
Oh right sorry..

Computer Specs:
Processor: Intel Celeron Processor 1.3ghz
Mainboard: I dunno.
Memory: 192MB DDR333
Video Card: Geforce 2 MX 100/200 32MB
Hard Disk: Maxtor 40Gb 7200rpm
CDRW: LiteOn 32x/10x/40x
Sound: SoundMAX Digital Audio
Monitor: 19 Compaq 5500
Speakers: Platinum JBL Series
Keyboard: Compaq Box In
Mouse: Logitech Optical Mouse
Printer: Cannon 2000

I hope this helps ;)

you really have to buy a new and better graphics card... also a new and faster cd-rom/dvd/cdrw if you want the games to run smoothly :happy:

Leerz

Pinoy Ako!
make an iso for the game or try a diff emu, say; psxeven, do try cvgs too, :p g'luck :D

anhvu

you should check your disk. if the disk is damaged, this could cause the problem.

Last edited: