Linux Zsnes Controller Problem

Van Halen Man

Coolest person on earth.
Ok so Im running Fedora Core 13, and Zsnes 1.51. I have a logitech dual action, which works just fine. I also use KFUSION, for which the controller has no problems. But for some reason, in zsnes I have this weird issue.

I can configure the controlls just fine, and it recognizes the controller. But when Im in-game, if Im using the d-pad, and I press 2 directions as once as if to go diaganoly, I will go the desired direction until I want to change. So ill lift my thumb from one direction but it will still be going diaganolly. For example; Say Im playing chrono trigger. I want crono to go diagonally up and left. So I obviously press up and left, but once I release left, and am only holding up, he still goes up and left, so I have to completely let go of all the controlls and press the button again.

I know its not the controller becuase like I said, it works fine with Kega Fusion. AND not only does it work with that, it seems to work fine when I run the windows version of Zsnes with WINE, or just run the windows version in XP. Any Ideas whats up?

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
The way you describe it (zsnes+wine = fine) seems like a bug in the linux port of the emulator.