Emulator Problem: RE : Code Veronica - disk 2 change problem (DC Null)

hardtrancer

Hello everybody,

I just spended some hours reading some topics including similar problems, but no one has been helpful for me.

this is my problem :

I have got RE : CV for Dreamcast (disk images). This game ONLY works for me with DCNull and not with Chankast.
Disk 1 just runned perfectly till its end, I also saved the game after defeating the Tyrant ; and so appeared written the change disk advice, but it's impossible for me to play the Disk 2.

Disk 1 is self-boot .CDI file , and DCNull only opens this kind of files (I think...)

Disk 2 is non self-boot .ISO file (it doesn't appear to be directly loadable from NullDC..)

I also downloaded "Utopia" (the "self-boot" disk for Dreamcast... right !?)

So, what have I to do now ?? NullDC doesn't load NON-.CDI files, and I don't know how to run the Disk 2 and the boot CD as well (utopia is .ISO format also), ................ it's a mess !

Hope there will be someone that can help me.

Thank you very much in advance !

hardtrancer

ok, i didn't solve the problem yet. This is what I did using MagicISO :

1) I tried to convert my .ISO RE:CV disc 2 file into a .NRG format, that's a kind of format playable for nullDC.
But it doesn't works, it displays the track CD player and the game doesn't start.

2) I tried creating a self-bootable image using the program, but it says : "Error - the file you're trying to convert is too large".

:(

Bin2Boot try that program to transform bin to cdi, first transform the iso to bin with magic iso and then with Bin2Boot that bin to cdi. And if it works please add some reputation clicking the star under my name thanks.

Last edited: