Web Site Feedback

Jay

Sly Little Devil
Well,

I haven't been posting much on EZ for a few days because I've been busy setting up a web site. I would like some feedback on how the site is coming along and I figured I might as well ask the good people of EZ! What I really need here is constructive criticism, however just regular old criticism will do. :p Keep in mind that the site is a work in progress and will not lack in content like this for long. Any input would be great. Thanks.

http://www.gamerzdomain.net/

ScotchGuy

Board Addict
New banner and url please. The banner looks grainy, try to create something of higher quality, use Photoshop if possible. Anything with z in it sounds childish :unsure: . Although you can't do anything about that in the near future, if I were you next time your domain registration runs out I would look for another one.

Also the "GO" buttons on the roms page need to be trimmed, you can see some extra stuff on the sides.

This needs to be changed, it was on the affiliates page.

"We are in no way affiliated is in no way affiliated with, representing, associated or sponsored by any company mentioned on this site unless stated otherwise. All copyrights are held by their respective owners."

Misspelling on main page in news section, if I were you I would run everything through Word before putting it on your site:

"Things are coming along quite nicley. There isn't a whole lot of content on the site yet, but right now we're really just concerned with getting the pages up. The links to the left will most likley be the ones we go with, but some cataroies were left out by mistake such as the "Cheat Codes" section. We all hope everyone likes the "look and feel" of the site. Things are still very much subject to change in the weeks to come as we get everything up and running."

M.H.A.Q.S.

The frames and the colors annoy!

The Hedgehog

We are in no way affiliated is in no way affiliated with, representing, associated or sponsored by any company mentioned on this site unless stated otherwise. All copyrights are held by their respective owners.

Plzplzplz?

Jay

Sly Little Devil
Thanks guys,

The "We are in no way affiliated is in no way affiliated with" thing was a copy and paste type screw up. As far as the mispelled words go, I suck at spelling. I'll run spellcheck on everything soon. I really think it needs more color. The banner is just really a place holder for one that a friend is making in flash. I hope it looks nice when he gets it done. The navigation buttons need work to, I agree, I'm just not sure exactly what to do with them. I noticed that the navigation table isn't the exact same size on every page too. I wonder how that happened..... ;) I'll have to fix that for sure. I was going to remove those "go" buttons so i didn't photoshop them just yet. Do you guys think I should keep them? What color scheme do you think will look good on the site? This input is very helpful and thanks agian.

El Fugitivo

The background is awful, and you definitely need color. The fonts don't look very good, either; same with the buttons on the download pages, as ScotchGuy said.

Zach

You need to do something about the font color you use against your gradients

Black on black = no no

J

Jet Set Willy

And definitely quit with the absolute table values. I've got more than half of the screen covered with nothing here.

J

Jet Set Willy

Jay, if you like you can keep posting stuff here and we'll do what we can to help you fine tune things and get it on the right track.

Jay

Sly Little Devil
Thanks Waz,

I think I'll do just that. I've set up a test home page that has a new one color background and a new lay out. I've taken out the logo. I'll add the new one when it gets finished. In the mean time if anyone wants to make one I'd be happy to use it if it's better than the one I'm having made. I've left all the links active on the test page, so if you click the "Home" button you can compare the changes to the home page. I haven't worked on the navigation bar yet, but I plan to better center the text or maybe just move it to the left. Also, I'm thinking of how to add color to it maybe. I'm going to go ahead and post this test page and then reveiw this thread and make some more changes based on the advice given here. After all, it is the same target audiance. :) Thanks agian, guys.

REMOVED

ScotchGuy

Board Addict
I like the background color more, I think you should ditch the gray and change the table colors to different shades of blue and use some white. Try a simpler font as well, unless you really like that one.

I tried something else, I just thought I'd mess around and see if you liked it and could use it somehow.

Here

Zach

We are in no way affiliated with, associated or sponsored by any company mentioned on this site unless stated otherwise

We are in no way affiliated with, associated, or sponsored by any company mentioned on this site unless stated otherwise

Also, affiliated and associated are sort of redundant. You could just take out associated really.