Square Games Sound Problem

Bando

I was playing Final Fantasy VI on ZSNES. I noticed that when I went to paused to go on the menu the music would lag. If I left it alone the music was fine but if I tried to choose a weapon the bass in the background would lag. Whenever I moved my characters on the map the bass or a background sound would again sound awkward or laggy. Everything else was ok except the music.

Now I am playing Chrono Trigger on Snes9x 1.52. I just got to the Demon Village and noticed the same thing. The bass starts to play and when I am clicking on options in the menu the background bass stops or skips a few beats. Thankfully my characters moving on the world map doesn't lag the music.

I would like to know if I can fix this. It's nothing major but if it can be resolved then that would be terrific.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Try Bsnes, its a more accurate emulator. Although you need a slightly faster system to run it than Zsnes and Snes9x it runs without the use of hacks and workarounds meaning if your PC will run it then the games should run as they did on the host machine.
Worth noting as well that there are lots of less than brilliant rom dumps knocking about and then there are the in-game copy protected titles that don't prevent a game being dumped or copied but just f**k with the gameplay once you're underway.