Best Nintendo DS emulator to use with Camtasia?

Kelranox

I've used No$GBA with and without the zoomer. Without it, the video runs fine, however since I can't enlarge the screen, it's much too small for my liking. With the zoomer, everything is choppy. Other than that emulator, I've tried using Desmume and it's slightly choppy. I haven't tested any other emulators. The ROM I'm trying to record is Chrono Trigger and my version of Camtasia is Camtasia 6. I've recorded plenty of games with it before without any problems, so I'm sure it's the emulator.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
At the moment the best working NintendoDS emulator is the one made by Nintendo IntellSys devision for DS Game development (ensata 1.3c). Sorry can help you find it. aside from ensata its no-cash and Desmume the rest are not very advanced.

Last edited:

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Wow, I totally miss read that LOL. I though you had troubles with a rom. Ok yeah camtasia, I bet zoomer would be choppy...

so defining the window area first does not help? I would imagine you just define the area you want to capture and play your game, unless you mean its hard to play that small? If so have you tried the run in 640x480 under compatibility? Here is how.

Right click on the emulator exe file, go to properties. Go under compatibility and check 640x480. May not work in vista.

Kelranox

After having done that with regular No$gba, the screen is much too cramped and the emulator itself barely fits on the screen. With the zoomer, there's no change and it's still choppy. Just for clarification, I'm running Windows 7.