Where the is Bios?

Lukong

Okay question if you need bios for PS2, PS1, etc, but not DS and GBA, etc.

Okay you need the GBA Bios for NDS when starting up a GBA rom. So without the Bios you don't see the real start up, but guess what.

I've heard of people "skipping" the Bios meaning the Start up of emulator without a Bios is just skipping its logo/lock(PS2 Emulator).

So doesn't that mean the Bios isn't needed in a Emulator and that maybe without the Bios it can't work, but what ever the Bios does is hidden with in the emulator without showing it's logo...meaning every emulator already has the Bios' function, but not the Bios' Image.

Other wise they can get rid of the Bridge that allows the Bios to unlock the emulator/console.

Last edited:

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
The only reason an emulator needs a bios is if the emulator author programmed it that way. They could easily write the emulator to not need it. If it was the emulators authors intention to need a bios should you not respect that?

Lukong

Sorry I didn't know about that, but I do respect that also it just made me realize that maybe the authors don't want to break any copyright laws.
So are the authors ones who are like us or those who work with Nintendo, Sony or Microsoft?
But isn't putting Bios in Emulators like a File being shared with a password on it?

Last edited:

Lukong

Re: Where is the Bios?

Sorry I just thought of why there are bios.

Its so those who have a PS2 can legally use it on there computers, but Why doesn't DS & GBA emulators have Bios

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Re: Where is the Bios?

I dont quite understand why this confuses you.

A bios is a copy of the software that resides in the hardware. So its the same thing as a rom ( game ) So distributing it is illegal. Period.