Scratch this if you can!

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
Researchers at electronics giant TDK have developed a tough new coating that promises to make scratched DVDs a thing of the past and that will help usher in an emerging data storage format with 10 times the capacity of the current DVD standard.

In a test conducted by CNET News.com, a DVD treated with TDK's coating survived a determined attack with a screwdriver and a Sharpie permanent marker with no effect on playability--a remarkable feat considering how easily standard DVDs can be damaged, for example, by children.

Read more: News.com

I dont know about everyone else here but I just love this news. A few weeks ago I wanted to use a dvd but to my surprise(sad surprise) I saw that it was... "wounded". Well, never again :)

Satoshi

My CD's don't go in cases, they go in the spindals that come in the packs :eek:

My CD's rarely get scratched. It's just when i lend my CD's to people they die.

like aeons ago i lend my warcraft 2 CD to a school friend and when i got it back it was scratched to death and it didn't install anymore.
Another time i lend shrek to my cousin's and when i got it back, OMG even sticky marks on it. That dvd never ran smoothly again.

well, i also lent my pokemon tape to em once :x and when i got it back the cover was ripped to shreds and sticky taped back together

Jale

No matter how much I take care of my CDs, they get scratched anyway.
It's inevitable. My discs get scratched too. :p

By the way, I accept the challenge Lefteris_D. Just bring me a chainsaw :lol: