Problem with site: Spam received via PM

Robert

Can you guys sort this out?

JacobTaylorr

The New Kid JacobTaylorr is on a distinguished road

Default Take measures immediately!!!

Dear, mylene;mawsoccer;MelaOS;ugodzero;Robert!

Spam sending from your computer was detected.
We highly recommend you to check your computer and perform online virus check at our site immediately: *****
If you do not pass this test* we will have to delete your account and forward a complaint to your ISP with attached log file (your IP address, etc.).

----------------------------------------------------
Forum Administration forums.emulator-zone.com

I don't like the threatening tone used.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Apparently this is a new BOT thing. Loads of users I know on boards across the www have reported the same kind of thing lately. Just another one of those sh*t sites trying to scare people into paying for shill AV software/download harmful stuff.

Jale

This is not new. Another forum I moderate I get tons of this crap and I don't think it's a bot. Just report it and we'll take care of them.

And the most important thing: Don't believe in their shit. Don't click the links, don't download or install those apps they are offering.

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
This email is clearly fake. DO NOT follow any links provided there as they may contain trojans or other viruses used to steal information.

HAYDEN76

The Man
Yea I got one to today from a JoshuaEvanss seems like the same junk. I reported it.

Jale

Thanks for reporting, HAYDEN76. The user has been banned already and looks like this kind of junk is increasing.

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately I got a few of these myself from other forums I frequent at this week. It seems that it's bot related, new way to spam or steal info.

HAYDEN76

The Man
What's this every time I come to this thread this pops up
w.jpg
haven't had this problem on other threads or pages:confused: anybody else get this?

GHDpro

Administrator
Staff member
What's this every time I come to this thread this pops up
w.jpg
haven't had this problem on other threads or pages:confused: anybody else get this?

That problem was caused by an image in the thread starter's (Robert) signature. I've removed the image from his sig until he fixes the problem.

Robert

Sorry, didn't know that the image was there, haven't used ripway for years.

I'll check my sig, it should be blank.