may i get spyro to run on ps2 emu?

flatda

hi
i'm spyro fan (dont laugh i also play other genres and games but i also love good jumpnruns since i can hold a gamepad)
and i'd like to know if i could run spyro: enter the dragonfly and /or spyro: a dragons tail on any ps2 emulator.
if yes, on which and how?

flatda

but why is the rom for spyro then provided in the internet?
and why is the psx emulator capable of running a full game then? I mean the emulator is so similar tho the ps2-emu.
is it really so hard to get the ps2 games to run?
and what about xbox, there are ones that say the emu works and others say it doesnt.
whats true now? i mean the xbox is only a 3 years old pc, it cannot be so difficult to get the games from the xbox to the pc, can it? it should actually be the easiest of all the consoles.
And what about gc emulator. i have one with super mario sunshine, but it only runs veeeeeeeeery slow and with wrong colours and without sound.
My system: (a laptop) 1,7 ghz centrino dothan, radeon mobility 9700 256 mb, 512 mb ram.

Zach

Playstation 2 hardware is far more advanced than PS1 hardware, thus euqally more difficult to emulate, and requiring an exponential increase in power to emulate.

There aren't really "roms" for PS/PS2 games on the net, they are CD / DVD images and things like that. They are floating around because people download them and play them on the real system with a mod chip or boot disc

montpics

Originally posted by flatda@Nov 12 2004, 12:22 PM
but why is the rom for spyro then provided in the internet?
Spyro provided is just for leechers like you who eager to play the latest games on their consoles. Bastids! :angry:
and why is the psx emulator capable of running a full game then? I mean the emulator is so similar tho the ps2-emu.
is it really so hard to get the ps2 games to run?
The PS emulator is totally different with the PS2 emulator as both have different hardware. Also, the PS2 hardware is more advance than the PS ones. As Neco said, PS2 using DVD in which PS can't support DVD in any how.
and what about xbox, there are ones that say the emu works and others say it doesnt.
whats true now? i mean the xbox is only a 3 years old pc, it cannot be so difficult to get the games from the xbox to the pc, can it? it should actually be the easiest of all the consoles.
XBOX emulator, true as it can play only one game at the moment as told by the author of that emulator (in which I shouldn't mention of what emulator is it) but still possibly have some crash according to the author also. If you think it is easy to emulate XBOX, why don't you make it up of yourself. Emulating something is not very easy task you know.
And what about gc emulator. i have one with super mario sunshine, but it only runs veeeeeeeeery slow and with wrong colours and without sound.
My system: (a laptop) 1,7 ghz centrino dothan, radeon mobility 9700 256 mb, 512 mb ram.
That emulator does can play on certain games also. Still it is still in WIP and you must understand that. Same with the latest PS2 emulator on the web. It does have something but got some problems on that GUI framerate.

Bottomline is, all the emulators are still in WIP and you have to wait for another couple of years hopefully. I wouldn't want to see those promising emulators that can played full games released earlier. If they do, all major companies found them and let them died in quick death. :(