my epsxe160 runs too slow

dar0ckl3ttm

Help guys, I'm playing FF7 (real cd, not ISO) and it's running laggy and choppy. The framerates are always inconsistent. One second it's normal like 60fps, the next second it drops to 40fps. For example, when I'm in the overworld map it's nice and fine but when I go to the character menu screen or when I'm viewing a FMV, the framerate drops. What's going on? I downloaded all the latest versions of the plugins like Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.6, and I'm using the default sound and cd-rom, which is already provided by epsxe. I tried tinkering with it and configuring every different possible things with it, but still no luck. I even clicked Fast and Nice at the bottom of the config screen and I'm still not satisfied.

Here are my specs:
2.5 Ghz intel
512 ram
NVIDIA GeForce FX5200 128 ram
Windows XP Professional
DirectX 9.0c

I really doubt it's my specs because the epsxe FAQ says the recommended spec is way lower than what i have.

nesman

I bet DirectX 9.0c is causing your problem. Many emulators have had problems with this Direct X version (from what I hear). Use System Restore and get Direct X 9.0b back.

dar0ckl3ttm

Nevermind I got the problem fixed. The problem is that my videocard sucks, and the Pete's OpenGL2 GPU 2.6 plug-in is for the good videocards. So I used his other plugin (Pete's GPU Plugins 1.75) and now it works fine. Framerates are consistent now.