Emulator Problem: no$gba Pokemon Platinum graphics (DS)

Wafflez

I've been playing Pokemon Platinum in DeSmuME since the first time and I really enjoyed it. However, there was one little problem with the emulator, and that was the framerate. It was mostly stable, but it decreased while in cities, which I suppose has to do with all the 3D the emulator has to.. well, emulate. I've also tried no$gba, and the fps are great, they are stable throughout the entire game. However, no$gba suffers from a big graphics problem (in this game, at least): It lacks proper color interpolation.

Here's an example:

DeSmuME:
desmume.png

no$gba (with no$zoomer):
nogba.png

As you can clearly see, the graphic difference is huge and the game is far more enjoyable in DeSmuME (graphic-wise). So I have tried using OpenGL and Direct3D to see if no$gba could achieve something similar to DeSmuME's SoftRasterizer, but to no avail. So my question is: is there a way for no$gba to handle the colors properly, just like in DeSmuME?

Thanks for your time.

Last edited:

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
Generally DesmuME is better then No$Gba Graphics wise. The most you could possibly do to fix this problem is try messing with the graphic settings. As for the lousy speed in DesmuME, you could try making the processor dedicate more CPU to the emulator by (Assuming you have WinXP,) doing Cntrl + Alt + Delete, and go to your tasks and right-click the Desmu process and set the priority to a higher setting. Other then that, I don't know what to advise. The game works fine on my No$Gba. Then again, you could try getting a different version of the rom considering you've been playing the rom since it got released. Who knows, it might have gotten better. Hope ive helped a bit.