Computer Problem: What to do!?

Chrono3030

Is a core i7 processor better than the core 2 quad? I don't know that much about computers and I'm about to buy one. Was thinking about a toshiba satellite laptop intel core i7 processor with 4GB and a NVIDIA GeForce 310m graphics card with the windows 7 64-bit system. Mainly want multitasking speed and be able to play ps1 and n64 emulators with no prob. Was also wandering if a desktop would be a better choice? Cause they can be upgraded.

Jale

A Core i7 is better than a Core 2 Quad, but I doubt N64 and PS1 emulators would benefit from that, since the would only take one core out of the four they have, just like the good old Pentium 4.

onewecallgod

What you get entirely depends entirely on your needs. Most people don't need power on the go, so for the price of a fast laptop, you can build a desktop that's just as fast or faster with a netbook.

Chrono3030

Thanks, I will probably just go with the ultra dual -core processor that comes with the hp dv7 laptop. It also has a ati radeon hd 4200 graphics card. Which could probably play crysis or something on med settings and surely be able to handle the emulators. I don't think I need an i7 processor just for emulators and basic multitasking. People say hp is crap so I'm not sure if I should go with them or toshiba.

cibomatto2002

Windows 10
HP is good when Vista and Windows 7 came out I think it made computers better they could not just throw anything in there like you could do with Window XP.

Chrono3030

Now I just need to figure out graphics card language. I know the radeon 4200 is among the lowest in the 4000 series. Compared to nvidia geforce go I have no idea what would be the same in their product. Does anybody know if the ati radeon hd4200 graphics card could play crysis or any xbox 360 game for that matter? I've seen it on you tube but not exactly sure what the computer specs are that they are running on there videos.