Logitech Controllers suck......

cement_skis

I have a Logitech Dual Action controller that I picked up from Best Buy a couple years back, and it never really worked. On my emulators, some buttons would work but then others wouldn't. Like on the SNES emulator, the A and B buttons would work just fine, but the X and Y wouldn't work at all...................can someone recommend a good PC controller for NES/SNES/Genesis?etc. emulators?

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Logitech are known to give troubles. Any very driver intense thus not good for emulators. If you want a perfect solution go get a usb to [ original ] controller. Controllers are cheep on ebay, and so are the adapters. But be warned you may get greedy, and you may want more, if so check out my bliss-box project ;)

Last edited:

megamanx41

I use a Logitec analog controller and it never gives me any problems on any emulators........I didn't use the driver disc though i just hooked it up and started playing.

Steroc

I use a logitech wingman rumblepad (similar to your logitech dual action but better) my friend's mom found at the dump, guess knoone knew what it was for a threw it away. works great, just as if it was just opened and ignorantly tossed out imediately. works for all my emulators, the thing is you MAY need to install the software drive so it is compatible with your OS! This one is for back in the day of windows xp, but works great, looks good, feels good. I needed to install the driver software though since I have win 7. So it works on my XP, but on win 7 I had to download the driver from googling it. And sometimes if i am switching to a new, i gotta re-configure the software driver's button functions and make sure everything's on the same page. Best advice is.......if it's not compatible with your OS or it's not functioning well enough, chances are you gotta do everything I did. The first time I used it for zsnes, to configure the button input, I had to hold down the joystick or buttons first before i clicked change control rather than clicking change control then inputting a button comand to set the abxy/ up down left right commands. GL, chances are you just gotta do what I did. Hopefully I saved you from re-inventing the wheel.

If all else fails, get a Wingman Rumblepad by Logitech, logitechs don't all suck!

This nice Wingman Rumblepad on Amazon (2 pack?)

has the same button configuration as a genesis with a b c, z, y, x

2 joysticks, d-pad, triggers, rumble button, mode button, start, and a nice new throttle switch, i think it would be great for car games

All buttons can be used for commands in emulators, even the rumble button (preferably in a game that doesn't use rumble)

Last edited:

ericjon

my logitech controller is sweet. its basically a ps1 controller but i love it. never gives me problems.