METAL GEAR C64

lee777

im new to this forum and im italian (sorry for my english). i ve a question..does anybody know how to run metal gear on the commodore 64 emu..?? when i load the game the game start with the icon of metal gear then i press the space bar and when the next screen appears (wher u have to select "new game" or "continue a saved game" ) the games freezes (i think) because even if i press space bar or any other buttom nothing happens...what should i do..?? i tried many emulators but it is always the same...if u know please tell me how to run it...thanks all!

Last edited:

megamanx41

Why not try playing the one for the MSX. It's the only version that Hideo Kojima was involved in and the only one he recognises as a true Metal Gear game. Just try it and you'll see. The commodore 64/NES versions by ULTRA don't even compare. You'll have to find English Patches for it though since the 2 MSX Metal Gear games were originally only in Japanese, but it's totally worth the trouble.

lee777

hi, thanks for the replay =) but I already finished the msx version which i know is the only one recognized by hideo, but i also wanted to finish the c 64 version too...

mgman

Hello, friend :)

I think I can help you get started with Metal Gear on Commodore 64.

Do you still need the help? PM me and we'll continue it there...

snagwell

If I remember right, the c64 metal gear had one of those old code books that you had to enter a code every time you play. Does it ask for the code maybe?

lee777

thanks for the answe and sorry because i see it only now...no it doesnt ask for any code...its unbeliveble, i cant start a c64 game...have u any ideas..? thanks

lee777

no, metal gear solid (on PSX) is the third metal gear. the story begin with the great metal gear on MSX2 or NES (the 2 versions have some differences)...