Administrator
Staff member
Let rhe countdown begin :D

firefox-preview-product.gif

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
There are some security issues with 0.9.3

An upgrade will be mandatory for all Firefox users in two days.

GHDpro

Administrator
Staff member
Nothing is mandatory. They can't force anyone IMHO.

But... I do hope they've fixed the bug I've been coming accross to-many-times-to-count so far:
FireFox crashing when trying to view an image in the ImageHost.org Staff Control Panel. I mean:
this worked fine in FireFox 0.9.3, so why is 1.0 Preview so much different?

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
There are 3-4 applications where update/upgrade is considered mandatory for me and Firefox is one of them. Each new version is better, why not update?

Originally posted by GHDpro@Nov 8 2004, 03:11 AM
FireFox crashing when trying to view an image in the ImageHost.org Staff Control Panel.
I preview ALOT of pictures and I have yet to find such a problem.

Focus on fixing that search page instead <_<

El Fugitivo

Until they give me a no-hassle way to copy all my settings, cookies, favorites, and saved passwords over to Firefox, I'm sticking with Firebird .7.

TiredBoy

Nice stuff. Qute's a better theme than the default, though. And it's more conventient to use than IE. Everything's in one nice window.

GHDpro

Administrator
Staff member
No problems here either, seems the "bug" I experienced with v1.0PR is gone -- I can preview
as many images as I want again without crashing.

What isn't funny is that FireFox's latest "security enhancement" killed the "preview" feature for
www.ImageHost.org. I've had to restrict this feature to IE-only (pretty much) now. Still, no big deal.

Penguin

Quick question:
under: options---->web features
There is a checkbox next to "allow web sites to install software". Does that mean having it check does allow it then? I'm kind of thinking it's a typo, and should read "DON'T allow..."

J

Jet Set Willy

Having the box checked allows Web sites to install software. How is that difficult to understand? It's not even slightly ambiguous.

Penguin

because of the option above it

Jale

I've already downloaded Firefox, but I don't know what's the difference between Internet Explorer and Firefox... Someone tell me... What makes Firefox so special? :huh:

Penguin

My favorite feature is probably the tabbed browsing.

J

Jet Set Willy

Originally posted by Penguin@Nov 25 2004, 12:32 AM
because of the option above it
What? "Block popup windows"? What does that have to do with anything?

Are you talking about the BUTTON next to it marked "Allowed sites"? Don't you realise that just means you can set sites expicitly which are allowed to bypass the rules?

GHDpro

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by JAPPsmash@Nov 25 2004, 12:33 AM
I've already downloaded Firefox, but I don't know what's the difference between Internet Explorer and Firefox... Someone tell me... What makes Firefox so special? :huh:
Lot's a people would probably just say "because it's not made by Microsoft".

And certainly all the bugs IE got (especially the latest problem with the iFrame exploit)
you are better of using something else.

But I also second Pengiun. Can't go without tabbed browsing these days anymore.
In fact it's my Nr. 1 annoyance when using IE -- CTRL-T doesn't do anything... :(
(CTRL-T is used to open a new tab, useful for if you want to browse several sites at the same time)

Penguin

nvm, got it all cleared up now :p

WellWellWell

I have a question. Whenever I go to a website that has adds on it the browser blocks them, right? The only problem is that a window comes up everytime saying that "the operation timed out when attemptimg to contact <website>."

What can I do to stop this?

J

Jet Set Willy

It's a problem at their end, or a connection problem (like them moving servers and the DNS records not being updated everywhere yet). It's nothing to do with your browser...