Using Gameshark On Any N64 Emulator

Eastwood

I know I already posted asking about using Gameshark in Project 64 (that thread can be deleted I guess, if the mods want to do so) but since I never got any responses I figured I'd ask if there are any Gameshark-compatible N64 emulators at all out there. And, if so, how do they work, or what components do I need (Patches, etc.)? Anyway, thanks in advance, if anyone knows.

Eastwood

Thanks for responding; I had a feeling it supported them, since there is the GS button option that makes it kind of obvious. But, I still can't figure out how to input codes; whenever I select the GS button, nothing happens - no window comes up or anything. I'm not very experienced with Gameshark, so I'm probably missing something very obvious. The only thing I can think of is that it only works with some games, but I've tried several and nothing happens. I'm aware that most games come with cheats already, but can you put your own codes in?

P.S.: I've also looked this up in the emulator's FAQ, but it only talks about what Gameshark does rather than how to use it...

Danny

Press Ctrl + C for the cheats menu. There should be a file in the same directory
as the emulator called Cheats.chm that will tell you all you need to know
about how to use cheats if you need help.

Eastwood

Thanks! It worked perfectly. You've been a great help; that file solved everything. The problem was that I had an outdated version that didn't include that file, so I downloaded the update and then read the Cheat guide. Anyway, thanks again. :D