Fusion36 lags so much >.>

NorseChief

Genesis/megadrive games run fine so long as there is a little bit of detail.

For example, when i play the flintstones it runs smoothly for most of the first level. But the moment there is a little bit of detail the games starts to lag insanely. The screen looks like it is running at like below 50 fps on certain levels where there is a lot of detail.

I was wondering if there is some tweak i can make to reduce this lag. Maybe a bios file or some other setting to the video settings? Could somebody help me out please?

I have noticed that Gens runs everything at 18 fps.. Am I missing something?

I have a GeForce 8800 GT card and about 1 gigabyte of ram. I that the video card I am using reportedly has several problems with emulation and I was wondering if this is one of them?

Am I the only one experiencing this lag or is that how it used to lag on the original console as well?

Last edited:

Zach

It could be the original game was that way, or it could be a setting you changed / need to change.

Are you using any graphics filters? They can put a hit on the system at times.
Also check your frameskip options and general stuff like that.

You should probably go to fusions forums and make sure its not a bug

NorseChief

It could be the original game was that way, or it could be a setting you changed / need to change.

Are you using any graphics filters? They can put a hit on the system at times.
Also check your frameskip options and general stuff like that.

You should probably go to fusions forums and make sure its not a bug

Thanks for your response.

Yes, I have 'filtered' checked and the sound quality set to its highest as well.

Oh and btw, it is only 'The Flintstones' that lags like this. The other games only have lag spikes here and there but hardly anything at all. But only at certain parts of certain levels. There are some levels that lag worse than others in that game especially the stage where you are riding the railway cart and dodging bolders. Whereas other levels that seem to be just as demanding, for example the stage where Fred is riding his car to rescue pebbles and dodging cactuses and animal skeletons in the desert, have hardly any lag at all. Jumping also seems to generate a lot of lag in most cases.

It's a pity this game behaves like this because it is one of my genesis favorites. I think it is a really great sega genesis classic :p

Going to check out fusion forums now :p

Last edited:

Zach

Well, I would recommend turning off any graphics filters you are running, if for nothing else than at least for testing purposes.. I haven't used Fusion in quite a while so I'm not up to date on what kind of filters you can have turned on, but usually I only play with TV scanline emulation and didn't have performance issues in past versions, even in full screen mode..

Does it also lag in the standard resolution (default window size) ?

Anyway if most other games are fine, then maybe it sounds like a bug or something, so its definitely worth mentioning your problem on the Fusion forums

NorseChief

Well, I would recommend turning off any graphics filters you are running, if for nothing else than at least for testing purposes.. I haven't used Fusion in quite a while so I'm not up to date on what kind of filters you can have turned on, but usually I only play with TV scanline emulation and didn't have performance issues in past versions, even in full screen mode..

Does it also lag in the standard resolution (default window size) ?

Anyway if most other games are fine, then maybe it sounds like a bug or something, so its definitely worth mentioning your problem on the Fusion forums

Thanks for the tips. I will go ahead and do that later.

And I keep the resolution at default. I never touch that.