PC arcade sticks...

Stupid Fool

I've been using nebula, kawaks and mame for a while now and im thinking of moving up to an arcade stick instead of the keyboard :) .

I just dont know which one to get or how I configure it...I'll be using it mainly for the neo-geo.

Theres a couple of problems I see though...
KAWAKS - by the looks of it, it only supports the hotrod and that might be pretty hard to find a specific model. Even if I did it would have to support USB for my pc.

NEBULA- looks like it supports hotrod too....Along with a whole list of other options which completely loses me on which one is for an arcade stick that isnt a hotrod. Even if i did get it running it doesnt have an option for diagonals.

MAME - I dont even know where the options for a stick are....

Well by doing some searching i found the x-arcade is the best but i dont like the idea for spending $200 aussie dollars on one of them :angry:

As for hotrod....I doubt i'll find it in the shops but i'll take a look around.

Any advice to get a arcade stick that ISNT a hotrod or an x-arcade running on my emulator that plugs into USB? I have a laptop but no joystick port.

Thanks.

By the way, i've never used a joystick on my pc so i dont have much knowledge on them.

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
As long as an emulator supports any kind of gamepad/stick you will be able to use anything that windows supports.