Dawn of War 40k VS C&C Generals VS Warcraft 3

What's your pick and why...

• Warcraft 3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • C&C Generals

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ShadowWarrior

I am not a fan of Warcraft. It was never fun, and I don't really know why. Played 1, 2, and 3 with the expansion and mods, but it was still pretty bland. Then I played C&C Generals and it was AWESOME. The Zero Hour expansion, the hundreds of mods and total conversions, the tactics and visual effects - all gorgeous, and now for the past 2 weeks, I've been engaged in Warhammer 40k DoW. Fantastic game. Beautiful visuals, loads of units and tactics, and mods in the making. I love it!

Satoshi

war craft wins. cc:generals was crap compared to the other c&cs IMO. least it's better then tiberian sun

Splize

I didnt like War Craft 3 either it was so simple and it was desgiend like a cartoon. I havent been able to play generals but I have beaten Warhammer 40000 Dawn of war.....I liked it but it could have used more units...but it was fun for the time being.

The best strategy ive played so far this year is Ground Control II. Very good game with well designed visuals, awsome tactics. The envrioment greatly benefits the game beczause u can send units into buildings and acctually see them inside the buildings. The game acctually involves forest and highground advantages that u can see the difference between. Also every units is imporatant depending on ur strategy....like in most games all u have to do it mass build tanks, while in GCII infantry is really important and counterattacks with advantage units is improtant aswell. Your units gain experiance as well an all the units have secondary setting.....so infantry goes from rifle to anti armoury launchers whcih are placed at the bottom of their weapons such as the m16 g launcher attackment (in our time). You can zoom from any angle and distance. I really recomend this game as it is currently on of the best strategies available!!

ShadowWarrior

Yeah GC2 was pretty cool. It took me awhile to figure out how to build a base, which of course there was no base to build. The graphics were awesome. I love the idea of calling down a dropship with the units you ordered with your points. Music was top-notch, effects, and strategy was beautiful. Hard as hell in some areas. The AI is pretty good, but I never got into that much most likely due to the fact I couldn't build a base. I have a base-fetish in RTS games... 8]

Forgot to mention that the one biggest thing I really liked about that game was the dual purpose of the units, or at least dual weaponry of the units.

The things I did not like about WC3 was that units were static. Most of them served one role, and they had only one weapon, aside from the sorcerors/ress and the heroes, but even the heroes were boring to play. Sure they levelled up to 10 and had special powers, but they are weak and doesn't do much in terms of being a 'real' leader.

On the other hand, DoW units had at least two weapons each. The Land Raider had four that could fire at multiple targets simultaneously, AND transport Terminator or other infantry units at the same time. Though DoW was not as tactical as GC2, it still used the terrain to help in its attack/def ability. Height and cover played a role in the combat and defense capabilities of all the units. Leaders are super powerful and they had morale boosters in place. They can pretty much take on a regular army or two by themselves, but still get killed eventually.

Too bad DoW only came with one campaign, and only for the Space Marines. It was fun when I was playing it, but when the campaign ended, the skirmishes took too long to load.

The reason I think why many people like WC3 is because it loads fast and people can get right into the action. I deem WC3 a point-and-click action game disguised as a strategy game. If it didn't have so much rush tactics, I would have almost branded it a point-and-click adventure game as well... 8]

TiredBoy

War3, though admittedly, I haven't played either of the others, only seen Generals. I was never a big fan of the C&C interface, though, so that's always been a huge wrench in my enjoyment of the series.

The main reason, though, is the World Editor. It's extremely flexible but still accessible to anyone who plays around a bit with it. Thus, you can get custom maps galore.

ShadowWarrior: You mean the ladder? As far as I can tell, the bulk of players don't play ladder but custom maps.