Where is VGS?

firewalker2

Q. to Playstion group
Any particular reason why Connectix Virtual Game Station is not part of the playstation download list?
Too me its one of the best emulators that barely requires anything.

Opinions needed...

montpics

True. Connectix Virtual Game Station is not a freeware emulator and is only released the demo version years ago. (You had to buy the emulator.)

Last time I heard is CVGS was bought by Sony (Playstation) company to stop Connectix making profit of themselves by selling the emulator to users.

Which is why VGS is still copyrighted. :)

J

Jet Set Willy

The emulator is actually a bit rubbish. The only real advantage is how easy it is to use.

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
And the other advantage is that is the fastest one in a 1GHZ or more PC :D
Hey firewalker to me is the greatest too.And i 've found it on the net the full version 1.41 (Commercial)lucky me to.I even try to offer it to everyone here but they say to me just as you i can't do this cause is still copyrighted. ;)

montpics

Originally posted by firewalker2@Nov 3 2004, 04:57 PM
Has anyone tried Connectix Virtual Game Station, what's your thoughts compared to EPSXE?
CVGS
Advantages :
1. Easy to use. Highly recommended for a newbie.
2. No need to configure anything to make the game playable.

Disadvantages :
1. Using 640* 480 pixels and can't be adjustable making screen on PC not beautifully as it seemed on TV. Of course, PlayStation also using TV with 640*480 too. This emulator doesn't use DirectX.
2. Not all games are playable.
3. It can't be played on WinXP as the emulator only designed for Win98. Still buggy even though it is patched. But there is a hacked version of CVGS which is can be playable on WinXP.
4. No further development as this emulator being bought by Sony.

ePSXe
Advantanges :
1. Graphically stunning as you can change the resolution to a high resolution with a good graphic card. Support DirectX.
2. Still in the development. Furthermore is the best among the PS emulators so far.
3. Can make save state in a game which it is the BIGGEST advantages not only saving game in a memory card save files.

Disadvantages :
1. Still the same, not all games are fully playable.
2. Need to download several plugins and bios other than the emulator along. Furthermore, you need to configure the plugins. New users will have some troubles with the plugins and bios.
3. A little buggy with changing CDs.

That is all I have in mind at the moment. :)

J

Jet Set Willy

Originally posted by leon_belmont@Nov 4 2004, 12:19 PM
And the other advantage is that is the fastest one in a 1GHZ or more PC :D
Are you living in some world where CPU speed isn't linear?

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
No i meaned compared to EPSXE in the same PC. :blink:
I was speaking for the speed compared of this two emus in the same PC
And i test it my self in this PC

1.3GHZ processor
262MB RAM
128MB Graphic Card

Results with CVGS
100% SPEED
100% SOUND
65% GRAPHICS

Results with EPSXE

Very slow speed
Very odd sound
100% Graphics

I configured EPSXE using the guide and used the most recommended PLUGINS.
So there is no way i configured it the wrong way.

So these are the results ,but to me it seem very promising emulator PSXEVEN

By using the same plugins of EPSXE i played CSOTN quite good comparing to EPSXE.I think anyone should try out that great coming emu ,who is made by the most funny person programmer.

Jet Set Willy you see the result in my PC which is a reasonable one in speed ,ram,and graphic card.I can't say more.The results speak by themselves.

THAT IS WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT. ;)

J

Jet Set Willy

No, haha - I'm not saying it isn't slower. I was just commenting on how you said it's faster on machines with a 1.3GHz processor.

Don't worry, nothing I say makes sense outside of my brain.

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
Actually that's true HA HA.Nothing make sense outside your brain. ;) .I got it

firewalker2

CVGS works pretty well on my Underclocked 361mhz, 128mb, 128 ati pro, dual boot os.....
Makes me question if sony didn't settle out in court that CVGS would probably created another newbie emulator "CVGS for playstation 2".

montpics

I don't think so as Connectix is no longer exist as that company works for Microsoft now.

So, don't try to think that there will be another CVGS to PS2. (But there is a possibility too) :)