help with neoragex emulator

eskimo88

hi, i recently downloaded neoragex emulator to play some coolgames :) i quickly encountered a problem however. when i execute the program, it launches fine. the problem i have is when it comes to finding the rom. i type in my correct directory, (i tried both the original one and the complete one (C:\program files\neoragex\roms\)) but neither of them reported finding any games. i have winxp and i also downloaded the patch for that. i am trying to play metal slug. i have also tried other emulators(nebula and kawaks), but they both report the BIOS roms missing, although they are correctly in place. any help would be greatly appreciated, as this is pissing the hell outta me :angry:

montpics

So, do you have neogeo bios by the way? NeoGeo emulators need to have that bios in order to play NeoGeo games, whatever what emulator you might be using.

If you really do not have that bios, try use Google and search for those bios. You may find what you are looking for. Good luck! ;)

eskimo88

lol, yes i have the neo geo bios, in the wizip and also unziped in the appropriate folders. dont mean to seem rude, but i already said this. neoragex runs fine (starts right) but it just will not recognize games that i put in the directories. this means that the bios shuld be working properly, but something else is screwy. help plz

eskimo88

tried somethin else: d/lded mame32, got the bios, then tried plaen games and it works great. YAY!

joe-dinkle

i'm having the same freakin problem and i'm so lost. :angry: please help me out. i'm even tryin to play the same game!!! everything starts, i have the file, nothing works. also, i keep finding 2 different versions of the game and i'm not sure which works with ragex. one has a bunch of .rom files, the other has a bunch of .bin files. please help :angry: :angry: :angry:

Ash Crimson

The Rom files work for RageX, but you can rename the .bin files to .rom and it'll work for RageX too :p

what are the filenames... if they're wrong it won't work

joe-dinkle

ok, i've tried the .rom files, i've tried the .bin files, and i've tried renaming the .bin files to .rom files. they are in the right directory. i have neoRageXP v 0.8c if u could tell me where i can get roms that will work for this emulator that would be great. or better yet, give me a link to any emulator that will play metal slug