Playing Gens Emulator With PC Controller.

Will Machete

Whats up guys, just wanted to join the forum to ask a question about the gens and PC controllers.

I have a Gens 2.11 (A Sega Genesis Emulator)

I have the PC Controller installed mostly. But there is a problem when i'm playing games that require you to use the Up+Left, Up+Right, Down+Left, Down+Right on the D-Pad if you know what I mean.

Like a compass you know sometimes you need go somewhere like southwest, well the same with the D-Pad.

Well to be more frank, i'm playing mortal kombat and since you cant use those buttons the player wont jump forward, he/she can only jump up. I'm wondering if there is something I havent set up.

I know theres D-Pad options on the Gens 2.11 and of course I use the X-Padder for my computer. Also funny thing is when i use my analog on my controller the jumping works fine but not with the D-pad.

But I need to use the D-Pad as it is hard to perform moves with the analog stick. I hope i've been clear enough.

Just need some help on this, thanks.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Sounds like an issue with your pad.

A gamepad will generally have 4 microswitches 1up, 1down, 1left, 1right usually pressing the diagonal will activate both 1up and 1right for example, in your case it appears the pad won't send 2 simultaneous inputs at once, so you're only getting Up or Right.

Not had this issue with Gens so it doesn't seem like a deficiency with pad input from the emulators end. Open notepad and try pressing 2 keys simultaneously and see if both activate, if not perhaps its a problem with your keyboard/input settings in windows?. Could possibly be that the switches inside the gamepad aren't situated so you can make contact on the vertical and horizontal switches at the same time.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Will Machete, this is a problem in game pad design. Some controllers just do this and its a shame. If I understand the problem correctly, and I think I do, then no software will fix it. You need to get a new controller.

I suggest the original...with a usb adapter.