Hi hope i can lern to use emu from this forum

antimatter

Hi hope i can learn to use emulators from this forum :)

Hi guys i am a real noob considering use of emulator.hope i can learn practical and useful things from this forum about setting up emulator to play games on my pc.particularly ps2 and xbox 360(though i probably read somewhere there is no working emu for xbox 360 a long time ago hopefully that situation has changed):)

btw guys i am really interested in trying games like Burn out 3 take down,Burnout Revenge,GTA VICE CITY STORY .do they work on present/latest version of ps2 emulators.in case of 360 i am interested to try the dead or alive and may be some racing games on 360 emulator programs.does it work on any 360 emulator?or there is still no working emu for 360 .just asking cause i don't have much knowledge about how the emulator world is going on/developing :)

Last edited:

Desiboy

There is a ps2 emulator but you need a super computer for it.
You need at least 3gb ram for ps2 emulator to run.
There is no xbox360 emulator made yet.

antimatter

There is no xbox360 emulator made yet.

@ Desiboy thanks m8 for the info.so i guess i will try ps 2 emulator later when i upgrade my PC to core 2 duo or quad core or may be even core i 7 if it becomes affordable( why don't i just buy a ps 2?! would be much cheaper lol)

Last edited:

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Yeah, as a programmer I always found it strange xbox did get emulated sooner. I of course appreciate the speed and what not, but as far as the asm and hardware, its all x86 direct x based crap anyways? Although I will admit I never looked in to it.

Anyways cxbx is the only hope for the moment. Nothing really playable yet. That and Xeon(no link), but I think M$ slapped them around as they disappeared.

Last edited:

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Welcome to the forum. The PS2 is one of the best machines to collect for right now with dirt cheap hardware and masses of cheap software.
Its still (just about) a commercially available product though, so emulating games for it is still a bit naughty (I believe we should emulate commercially dead stuff while still buying product from and supporting developers making new stuff).

If something is still selling at retail, then buy it don't rip it off. :msn_wink:

retroguiden

Man of Many Talents

Sorry but that's not correct.

Minimum
* Windows 2000 or newer/Linux OS
* CPU that supports SSE2 (Pentium 4 and up, Athlon64 and up)
* GPU that supports Pixel Shaders 2.0
* 512mb RAM

Recommended
* Windows Vista 32bit/64bit
* CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo @ 3.2ghz or better
* GPU: 8600gt or better
* 1gb RAM (2gb if on Vista)

So you see, no "super computer" and no"3GB" necessary. Still, PS2 emulation is still a work-in-progress so don't expect everything to 'just work'. Many games will not, and some may even require something better than the recommended settings.