Emulation Arcade

speheroth003

I saw at a friends girlfriends house...they had an arcade in the basement that would boot straight to an emulator and he had hundreds of games on it. I got a ton of roms on my computer and want to do something like this. His was in an arcade box, I still want mine to hook up to a TV. Thought about buying one of those MEGA PCs from MSI, you know the small square ones.

Anyways the problem is windows sucks, takes up a ton of memory and makes these emulators run slower than they should. Is there any other OS i can run on this to get more performance out of emulators?

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by speheroth003@Oct 25 2004, 06:22 PM
Is there any other OS i can run on this to get more performance out of emulators?
There is no specific emulator OS but you can always try Linux.

delatour

or MS-DOS, if you got no clue about linux
(just like me)
i built two machines like you saw up to now and the OS was the smallest problem.

Ash Crimson

I have a special laptop that boot's into a GUI where you choose a game and play it... The only problem I had was finding a driver for the gamepad. :)

And Linux isn't that hard...

hanzmoleman007

I built my mame cabinet and use mame 32. I just put mame exe. in the star up folder and it boots right into mame. If you want you could try "arcade os".
It has really nice features, but for me windows was just fine.