Emulator Problem: Game wont work with new mame

Avinitlarge

Turbo Boost Me!
Hi
Ive just gone from Mame32 0.08 to Mameui32 0.133.

I am getting a lot of games that dont work and are coming up with errors similar to this. Can anyone help with this please. I dont know how to sort this problem out. My daughter is getting on my case.

TIA
Paul

C01jaa01.6a NOT FOUND
C01jaa02.8a NOT FOUND
C01jaa03.19a NOT FOUND
C01jaa04.20a NOT FOUND
C01jaa05.22a NOT FOUND
C01jaa06.24a NOT FOUND
C01jaa07.22d NOT FOUND
C01jaa08.23d NOT FOUND
C01jaa09.25d NOT FOUND
C01jaa10.27d NOT FOUND
C01jaa11.CHD NOT FOUND

And another

cus60-60a1.mcu NOT FOUND

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
As you've probably already been advised in your post over at mameworld, there will have been massive changes to most rom dumps between version 0.08 and the current version 0.133. the reason you're getting missing file messages is because your roms are out of date and have loads of files missing from them. The only options you have are to stick with your original version of Mame or find a source for up to date roms.

There have been thousands of new games added to Mame since 0.08 so you will have a lot of roms missing completely and as in the example you posted, some games also have CHD files which are large data files typically between 500Mb and a few Gb in size.

You'll also need to update all the bios roms that mame uses. Basically to jump from 0.08 you need a completely new romset so your best bet would be to start from scratch.

Bear in mind the AUP at this site is no different to the one at MW and prevents discussion of how or where to obtain game roms.

Best of luck.

Last edited:

Avinitlarge

Turbo Boost Me!
Thanks for that. I wasnt after any info on where to get the roms from, Ive never found getting to roms a problem. I was just after a better answer which you have given to me :bow:.

Anyway..... Ive started to rebuild my collection and 102Gb of CHD's are on there way to me. Do the CHD's need to go into my rom folder?

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Yes. CHD folders go into the mame/roms folder. Mame will automatically tie them up with the game roms when you launch a game for the first time.

Avinitlarge

Turbo Boost Me!
Right, Ive got a full set of new ROM's, CHD's and Samples. All seems to be good apart from a few, I get this in an Audit on a few of the ROM's.

NEEDS REDUMP and NOT FOUND - NO GOOD DUMP KNOWN

Im not sure why though