Aloha

nikku

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to say hi :)

I'm totally new to the whole emulation world outside of mame but have seen some neat console/arcade emulators and would like to give them a try.

I think my lack of computer knowledge has put me off of updating mame and also any other emulators, I'm still running an old hp pavilion that probably doubled up as an enigma code machine in world war 2 :laugh:

Hope to chat soon :)

Nik

Last edited:

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Welcome to the forum. Mame (along with the CD based emulators) is about as technical as it gets. Updating is very easy, its finding a source to update the roms that's hard. Whereabouts in London are you (North, South, East, West?).

nikku

Thanks for the welcome fattrucker :)

I'm located in east london.

The main emulators i would like to try out would be the naomi one makron i think it's called, Also the ps1 and ps2 ones as i'm missing mr driller and ibara.

The first things to go when money got tight was my naomi setup and consoles :( but hope i have a chance of playing some of my favs again now finding the forum :)

Nik

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Makaron has come on quite a lot in the last year or so and PS1 and PS2 are very well catered for now. Although you really need an up to date PC for PS2.

You're probably not far from me, I'm about 10 minutes from Lakeside near the Dartford Bridge.

nikku

I'm in mile end so not to far.

The pc spec thing is the only thing that's puzzling me at the minute but don't want to keep nagging and make this thread the longest induction in history :laugh: