Some help for the NuB!!

sumthngdifaz

I am becoming very interested in using an emulator to play some of the games that I grew up with, but I do have a few questions that I was hoping some one would help me out with... First off what is a good emulator for NES and SNES? What would the system requirements for those typically be? I am running an Intel dual CPU @ 2.20 2.20GHZ with 4 Gigs of RAM and an NVidia GeForce 7300 512-MB card... Does this sound like it will get the job done? My computer is fairly quick, my only concern is the crappy graphics card. Also, what would be a good controller to buy for this? I've not played a game on a PC other than solitare in probably 15 years. I want to play the old school games so I don't need all that much, basically I don't want to spend $100 when I could get by on $30. If anyone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Yes your specs are fine.

Snes = Zsnes or Snes9x
Nes = FCEU or Nestopia

Different people like different things with emulators though and the Snes and NES are very well catered for so best advice is to head over to the downloads sections, try a few out and see what you get on with.

Joysticks - either use an Xbox 360 pad or a Playstation DualShock 2 (recommended).
If you decide to emulate any of the old 8 or 16 bit computers (C64, Atari ST etc) then consider investing in one of the USB Competition Pro remake joysticks too.

Hope that helps and welcome to EZ.

Last edited: