Mame Emulator help

huggins0484

Okay, well i wanted to go back in the old days and play the original Xevious game from Namco. So, i downloaded the mame emulator from a site and added the rom and started playing it. There is a menu and it has so many controls. I went through all of them and never found one that lets you take it off of Full screen.

Away from all of those details, lol, all i want to know is if there is a way I can play the mame emulator in a window on your computer instead of full screen.
Thanks for what you can do!

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Presuming you're using MameUI, in which case you simply click on 'Options' from the toolbar, then 'default game options' then 'display'. Now check the box that says 'run in a window'.

If you're using commandline mame the same option exists in the mame.ini file. Simply change the run in a window setting from 0 to 1.

rpe94

Where do you find what keyboard controls operate specific games. I'm trying for instance to find out what keyboard key drops bombs on ground objects. I know CTRL fires missiles, but I need to drop bombs.

Zach

When you're running a game, hit TAB

It should bring up an in-game type menu for the emulator, that shows the key designations

rpe94

Thank you. I did that, but the only movements it lits are up, down, left, right and button 1 and button 2. The button 1 (CTRL) is rapid fire missiles, and Button 2 (ALT) is single shot.

No options for dropping bombs on the ground objects.

Any ideas, anyone?

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Button 1 is your cannons (the rapid firing double shot), button 2 is your bombs (the single shot). You need to have the targeting reticule over the ground based enemy you want it to hit.

Last edited: