Video card problem?

Niflheim

Well, the problem is i recently bought a new computer. its a P4 3ghz with 1go or RAM and an Nvidia GeForce FX 5600XT video card. With that, i should be easiiiiiily able to run my games. But whenever i try to run, for example, thief 3 or deus ex 2 or even older games such as splinter cell, i have, in order to be a little bit able to play, to put the resolution like in 800x600 and all the details on the lowest settings. So the games are not as nice as they should be and when there's a little actions, it lags like hell. That's very annoying, oyoyoy.

I have the most recent drivers and i have installed all the stupid little programs like msi clock and whaterver. What could the problem be?

if anyone can help me, thaaanks!

:(

onewecallgod

well just so you know, the 5600xt is a shat card. low end and your P4 deserves much better

nesman

I have a Pentium 4 @2.4 Ghz and a 64MB GeForce 4 MX 420 and everything runs fine at even 1024x768 and at the highest settings. You got a crappy card there my friend ;)

Zach

You should also try turning off all the shit that is probably running in the system tray and taking away your resources