NETWORKING

Corey4666

im trying to have my laptop use the internet with a router and stuff and share internet connection with this computer umm......im using cable internet i got the router set up and i went into propertys on the computer with the internet and pressed share internet connection and checked the laptop and it says cannot find page and then this computer will go offline if i share internet connection and it will say cannot find page and restarted my computers and then when they come back on they still do the same thing cannot find web page

onewecallgod

Originally posted by nesman@Oct 22 2004, 04:19 PM
Are your networking components compatible with each other?
well compatability shouldnt be a problem.... all LAN cards should work with all routers/hubs. if it doesnt then something is broken

Corey4666

Charter <---isp
i got problems when i press the share internet connection
my computer that is connected to the internet will go offline and the laptop still cant go online = (

onewecallgod

for comcast, i had to make my router's MAC address the same as the MAC address i activated the internet with.

Corey4666

hmm......... how do u change the routers as the same adress as you activated the internet with?
i was trying to start a network and i got this error but i never noticed it before
it said

CANNOT COMPLETE THE NETWORK SETUP WIZARD
and error occured during the configuration of this network on this computer
you can configure your network manually or run the wizard agian with diffrent settings

i tryed diffrent settings but it gives the same error