Hi from Missouri

P

petro62

Hi

I just signed on here at emulator zone and so far I am really enjoying it and reading lots of great information. I guess I should give a short background about myself.

Well I am 27 and I think I first used an emulator during my late high school or early college days. I was mostly playing classic Nintendo games like Zelda and Mario on my pc. As college and life went on and got busier I kind of quit playing with the emulators and just played regular PC games or console games(that is when I had time to even game). So classic gaming kind of ended for me for awhile, but I recently watched The King of Kong and it instantly got me hooked back on classic arcade games. Within a week I had already been to a near by Dave and Busters so I could play some Galaga and Donkey Kong. So I am brought here by the fact that I have regained interest in building a MAME machine.

I thought about doing it one other time, but I never really went far with it. So far this time around I have gotten a bit more serious. I have the extremetech book Project Arcade and have been bookmarking several websites with useful information. Currently I am only working on the software side of things. I have acquired some ROM's and downloaded a few different versions of MAME.

I know this is an introduction forum, but since I am making this big post I might as well post my issues. Currently I have a large set of ROMs. Sadly a large portion of them do not work. I know there are conflicts with various versions of MAME so I have gone back in MAME versions and still have a lot of issues. I tried downloading a program I heard about from here called CLRMAME or something like that. I installed it, but don't really understand what it does or what I am supposed to be doing with it. So if anyone could point me in the right direction that would be great.

Other than that I look forward to reading through more threads and seeing what all this forum has to offer.

Thanks

Auzern

Emulation Maniac
Hey petro62, Welcome to this forum.
Nicely written intro. Glad to have members like you on this site.