Newbe... mistakes?

Draco

Hello I am new I really like this emulator zone site but just noticed some mistakes that you may wish to correct.

The N64 has a of the shelf MIPS R4300 CPU and its part of the MIPS-III family (aka MIPS64) and so implements the MIPS-III ISA (64bit) so is indeed a 64bit CPU with 64-bit wide data path , 64bit registers, 64bit data cache, 64-bit floating-point unit, 64-bit MMU architecture and so on. In what way are the R4XXX CPUs not 64bit?

The MIPS-III R4XXX 64bit CPU though backward compatible with the MIPS-1 R3000 32bit CPU should not be confused with it.

Also in the PS2 the primary CPU is a cut down MIPS R5900 and this is not a true 128bit CPU. To say it was would be as accurate as saying the old Intel Pentium MMX, P2, P3 are all 64bit CPU. The MIPS R5900 is actually a 64bit CPU. The PS2s cut down R9500 is still a MIPS-III CPU but with a some of the MIPS-IV subset added. (MIPS-IV is also MIPS64)

Don’t know if this one is a mistake or just the way I’m reading it but the GameCube has 43Mb of Memory not 40Mb also this is not unified RAM and the combined bandwidth of it is well over 2.6Gs it actually works out as well over 13Gbs.

Draco

Hello :)

No probs.

Interesting that page has even more inaccuracies on it. Much of it is correct information then put in the wrong context. I suppose its not really important though, lol its only Greeks like me how will notice any how. :huh:

I actually think much of it is said by the manufactures to try and hype there systems up. Its not wrong really just not right either. Like I know that MS claims 32bit color as the XBOXs GPU chip works with 32bit with color data, but actually still only has a 24bit color pallet. :blink: