Forum Nubin’ Needs Some Lovin’ ^_^

DIYROMArcade

Obsessive Gamer
Hey guys, I have finally signed up for an account. I have lurked the forums for awhile but mainly looking for answers to Emulation related questions I had. I decided I spent enough time on the site that it was worth setting up an account.

I am getting back into some of the newer emulators after several months. I had stopped keeping up on some of the newest releases because I had working Emulators that played all my games, and was in the “if it ain’t broke” mindset.

Lately I have started a “Build Your Own Arcade Machine” project so I have been getting back into what’s “new” with a lot of the Emulators out there so I can run the best of everything on the system I am building. It is going to be more than just a MAME system and will play almost every console out there also. Consoles are my biggest passion with old school NES being at the top of the list.

Anyway I just wanted to say "Hi", and say thanks for the great resource here on the forums. Many of the questions I had have already been answered by a lot of the posts here. I can’t wait to start messing around with Dolphin. I am downloading a tester ROM for it that should be complete (hopefully) when I get home from work today.

Nice to meet ya guys! :bow:

Last edited:

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Welcome to the boards.

I've made loads of cabs, and in all honesty you'll never play console games on it.....it just feels 'wrong'.
I did exactly that with my first cab (there's a vid around here somewhere) but all of them now just have arcade emulators and pinmame on them.

Best of luck with your project though, you'll have to post some pics when you're done. :)

DIYROMArcade

Obsessive Gamer
We’ll with the first one I don’t know how many Console emulators I will be running on it but for a project I have planned for down the road I will definitely be going way over the top in that respect. I love Arcade games and console games pretty much equally so I am looking forward to working on this one idea I have been tossing around inside my head.

PINMAME looks sweet I will have to check it out tonight. I didn’t really know about it until I googled it from your post. The wife would LOVE it from the looks of it, she is a hardcore pinball fan.

Here are some of the pics of my system so far.

3281976866_dcd59d36f8.jpg

3281979146_ba18c4dcd4.jpg

3281980136_b7907199a3.jpg

3281163241_11dec6a37c.jpg

3281986466_86f45da842.jpg

3281168341_14722533cc.jpg

3299146754_1694d724f7.jpg

3299148070_51a85f4e7a.jpg

3374516449_8568d27489.jpg

3374516703_ff9819a94e.jpg

Here’s a link to all my pics if you are interested.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/diyromarcade/sets/72157614491536643/

Thanks for the welcome man, glad to be here!

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Looks like you're coming along great.

Pinmame needs to be used in 2 parts. Pinmame emulates the actual electronic parts of the board (scores and stuff) and you use Visual Pinball to actually recreate the playfield, ball and flippers.

Another one to look out for that takes a lot less setting up is Future Pinball, another great pinball emulator/simulator with loads of original and recreated tables available.