Emulator Problem: MESS Configuration

retroguiden

Man of Many Talents
I decided to try out MSX emulation with MESS. Both MSX and MESS are new to me (when it comes to emulation).

I get the various options for graphics and sound but I can't figure out where to put the bios file. I always try to read the help file but for some reason the people behind MESS didn't bother to include one.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
By 'rom' MESS actually means bios. So if you open up the 'Directories' option from the toolbar and set the rompath to whichever folder your bios are in then it should pick them up.

You set up your game rom directories per emulator but I presume you've already figured that far.

retroguiden

Man of Many Talents
Ah, then I did it right the first time. I guess there's something wrong with my bios files then. Or could it be anything else? Double-clicking on MSX generates an error message saying "msx.rom" not found....

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Right click the msx entry and select properties, this will give system specific access to all the MESS menu's. Browse directly to your msx bios from there. If it still kicks it out then the rom is incorrect or missing.
Use the same method for identifying and setting up system specific game lists too.