Making PS2 dvd-image

Varhen

Hi, i have a really big problem with creating PS2 image, i need it cuz i dont have dvd rom, and i cant play FFX which i have on dvd. I know that this dvd with game i have is not corrupted cuz on my friends dvd it worked just fine with pcsx2 0.6...
i tried to make image, but i failed, when i load game from daemon or alcohol120% it constantly asks for cd :(:(:(

please help me and tell me what (and how) i need to use to have working ps2 image file

nesman

PCSX2 doesnt play commercial games yet. So there isn't really a point to make a DVD image. Unless your making a backup. You need a DVD ROM drive to make a DVD image. A CD-ROM can't read DVDs.

Varhen

i think u didnt get what i meant, i wanna make dvd image not on my cd rom, but on friends dvd (its recorder, but that mean nothing now), then just copy image file from his HDD directly to mine, and run this image from ps2 emulator...and as i said i cant make a ps2 image that would work on ps2 emulator :(

nesman

Originally posted by Varhen@Oct 19 2004, 07:57 PM
i think u didnt get what i meant, i wanna make dvd image not on my cd rom, but on friends dvd (its recorder, but that mean nothing now), then just copy image file from his HDD directly to mine, and run this image from ps2 emulator...and as i said i cant make a ps2 image that would work on ps2 emulator :(
Sorry about that, I thought you meant you wanted to make a DVD image in a CD rom drive. :D

G

Gigashock

try using iso producer or magic iso. it's the ones i use to make any type of iso, psx or ps2.

Varhen

thx ill be sure to try it
but one more question, if i make iso with for example magic iso, will emulator read it?

onewecallgod

Originally posted by Varhen@Oct 21 2004, 06:17 PM
thx ill be sure to try it
but one more question, if i make iso with for example magic iso, will emulator read it?
if youre talking about PS2, then it doesnt matter. no working PS2 emulator anyways. if you want PS1, then you can mount it with daemon tool